adaptive testing

I am sure this has been asked before, but is there any sites that offer freed adaptive comptia practice?

pandimus
Xinxing is the hairy one.

Comments

• lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Practice adaptive test? Not much benefit in that. You're better off practicing with a full range of Q's so that you are assured you know what may come up.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • pandimuspandimus Member Posts: 651
    good point.. I am doing xxxxxxx.com They have some tough questions.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Sorry, but I had to edit your post. The site you mentioned is one of the very few sites I do not want links to from the forums (usually it get's replaced automatically). Reasons for this are that their questions are submitted by their visitors, those visitors ended up submitting practice questions from other sites who worked hard or paid for them (some include our major link partners) and what almost seems to have become logically, many submitted braindump questions...
    Oh. I didnt realize that they are collectively a **** of plagerism.. I must admit they have tough questions..

pandimus
    I'm sure they have some original stuff as well, but I know how much time it takes to write even one good question, as well as the price for one, and since it's impossible for them to check out all practice exams submitted by users to see if they are original (the question and the correct answers and the incorrect answers)...

But to answer you original question ;) :

only some practice exams you pay for (or the demos) provide an adpative option.
    actually what I am really looking for is something that will give me an idea were I need to study more.. Something that gives me percents of like Dos, windows9x, stuff like that
    Most commercial products do provide such info... perhaps an idea for another future update of our test engine...
    I appreciate the help. Actually I have MIke meyers all in one CD. Just the three tests available are already too easy.. Wanted more practice.
    Perhaps you are ready then... when will you sit the exam?
    thursday.
    And which practice exams did you use (besides ours of course icon_wink.gif ), did you check out our link pages yet. You are going to take all three on one day right?

You can try this special offer for some extra free and good practice:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.examforce.com/customer/special4.php?sid=525

I guess at a certain point all CompTIA exams' questions become 'easy'... meaning you are ready.
    No, I am only going to take my two A+ tests. I will wait a week or so to do my Net+. I think it would be safer that way. I will waste a bit of time, but at least I dont have to worry too much about losing the money and feeling dumb.. I just have to convince my boss that I need the day off..

pandimus

Thanks for the link i will give her a whirl.
    You must be bored today huh?
    pandimus wrote:
    You must be bored today huh?

Why so?
    I was just joking.. I noticed you have been anwering my dumb question for awhile now.
    I have been pretty bored today. I have been sitting here listening to GNR and trying to think back to the old 3.1 days and thinking (how could microsoft been so dumb to put that option were it is located.)

Next week I will be on leave the whole week. So I will study daily and then on thursday I will take my two a+ tests.
    icon_lol.gif I didn't notice any dumb question... taking and passing an adaptive practice test can be good for confidence.

Can't say I have been bored in the last couple of months, I'm writing something (piece of TechNote, couple of questions) every single day. About 100-200 people register per day, of which 5 need help with activating their account. I need to create backups daily. Enjoy the site's traffic statistics a couple of times per day. And a whole bunch of other things. Today I closed a deal with Tracey Rosenblath (co-author of Mike Meyer's A+ Passport) to write some new A+ material, wrote a piece for the CertTimes.com newsletter... and it is still early ;) ....bored? Never.

But I do manage to find some time to chat with folks like yourself, it is actually a nice change from time to time. So if you have anymore questions don't hesitate to ask :)
    If you ever need any assistance.. Just ask away and I will do what I can.

You sound busy. But you sound like your doing what you want to do.

hmm I was just perusing the prometric website and wanted to see where other test sites might be close to me..

When I originally called new horizons they told me they were the closest one whiting like 100 miles or something.. Anyway.. It seems I might have found one so close it is sick.. Do you think Prometric might not have a problem if I change centers for my test?
    Thanks for the offer I can't think of anything right now, but I'll surely keep it in mind.
    But you sound like your doing what you want to do.

Absolutely. I've had many different jobs in the IT industry, but I really think I found the best yet. :D

I'm sure Prometric will have no problems with it, as long as they have a spot at the other centre.
    Is running this sight your job?
    Running it, and writing for it... yes that's me job. Although perhaps I should be able to make a living from it before I call it my job, but it is what I do. I consider myself a tech writer and hope to become published some day, untill then this site is my big fat resume/playground and perhaps a stepping stone to reach my goal. I've been approached by one book publisher so far, nothing concrete yet..., and some prep test companies for writing commercial practice questions.
    Well good luck on the writing gigs. Seems like you have the knowledge. Just need to show them publishers you can put it down in black in white huh?
    Are you the only one running this site? I guess this is a way to subsidize while your working on the dream proffesion huh?

Pandimus
    Thanks.

Yes, that is pretty much the idea, although that sounds much easier than it is. icon_wink.gif

Depends on what you mean by running, I own the site, I'm the webmaster, I guess the answer is yes.... BUT, I wouldn't be able to do it like this without the help of our moderators, of which some write and donate material as well.