Passed SCJA age : 15

hamzat1995hamzat1995 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone..
i have just passed my SCJA exam with 82% and i am 15 years old. I am now planning to give my SCJP Exam but before that i wanted to ask what resources can i use which can help me in my SCJP.
Please reply :)

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    In addition to all of the SCJP books on Amazon, have a look at the SCJP certification page, the offical Java courses from Oracle, and the mock exams at JavaRanch. The references at the bottom of the Sun Certified Professional - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia page might be useful too.

And congratulations on passing the SCJA! icon_cheers.gif

What did you think of the exam and what material did you use to prepare?
  • varelgvarelg Banned Posts: 790
    hamzat1995 wrote: »
    Hello everyone..
    i have just passed my SCJA exam with 82% and i am 15 years old. I am now planning to give my SCJP Exam but before that i wanted to ask what resources can i use which can help me in my SCJP.
    Please reply :)
    icon_lol.gif SCJA starts resembling MS exams (12- year olds passing it)?
    By looking at the objectives, it shouldn't be that difficult if you are serious at working towards SCJP.
    Congrats! No small feat nevertheless, what made you go for Java hamzat?icon_thumright.gif
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Congrats on the pass!
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    varelg wrote: »
    icon_lol.gif SCJA starts resembling MS exams (12- year olds passing it)?
    I've heard that the SCJA is rather easy, and that experienced Java programmers should save their money and jump right to the SCJP.
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote: »
    I've heard that the SCJA is rather easy, and that experienced Java programmers should save their money and jump right to the SCJP.

Bah, I think there were some 18 year old CCIE's out there. Sometimes the kids are just smart =)

Congrats and keep it up!
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment at such a young age.
    Good luck on your SCJP studies.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • davidspirovalentinedavidspirovalentine Member Posts: 353 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow!!! Congrats, regardless of age that is a great achievement... I'm 22 and I am just about to run the "Hello World" code, LOL!!! :)

I just started learning Java with no previous coding experience... help...

Not trying to Hi-jack your thread, just trying to stress that if you put your mind to something the sky is the limit :) great job :)

Kind Regards,
    David
    Failure is a stepping stone to success...
  • crashdumpcrashdump Banned Posts: 134
    congrats. Java is also on my TODO list. I am 38
  • santaownssantaowns Member Posts: 366