Passed Project + (2003)

N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
This was my second go around. After failing MS 70-433 by 180 points, I decided to revisit my old friend P+ 2003. Well this time around I nailed it. 735/900. Well at least IMO I nailed it lol.

This is the first time I took a test after failing the exam. I think reading this book a second time and taking my time doing the practice test helped out a lot.

Thanks again for all the good information

BTW First one of the year

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

What's up next?

MS
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eMeS wrote: »
    Congrats!

What's up next?

MS

Thanks MS

I am up for suggestions :)

Honestly I'd like to finish up the V3 expert sometime. It's why I begun investing time into certifications.

I am just not sure if it is wise to go through with it if I am just in operations.

Anyway I might revisit 70-433 or ITIL. However my company was just purchased by another company and they are huge on Six Sigma. Whereas the company now is process driven but more ISO 9000 for QA and ITIL for ITSM.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats and good luck on whatever it is you do next.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congratulations icon_thumright.gif
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
    Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate the gratz. It was a very difficult test, I used almost the whole time.

This was way harder than A+ or N+
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif

Thanks brother!
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    congrats
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    congrats

Appreciate the grats! How's your new gig going?
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i love it, this is week 6, I got out of training a week early, and my numbers 4 days in are looking as good as some of the permanent people..
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i love it, this is week 6, I got out of training a week early, and my numbers 4 days in are looking as good as some of the permanent people..

Hard work can supercede experience
  • mezekermezeker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I am happy to see you pass your exam. I am planing to take the exam in 2 weeks from now, can you let me know how you trained so I may follow.

I believe there is a retirement date for the 2003 Project+ exam so I going to take it pretty soon.

And how many hours did you give to your studies. I could give about 40 hours a week as I just recently quit my job.

thanks,

Daniel
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

"You must not only test whether an application
    does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."
    mezeker wrote: »
    Hello,

I am happy to see you pass your exam. I am planing to take the exam in 2 weeks from now, can you let me know how you trained so I may follow.

I believe there is a retirement date for the 2003 Project+ exam so I going to take it pretty soon.

And how many hours did you give to your studies. I could give about 40 hours a week as I just recently quit my job.

thanks,

Daniel

I read the Sybex book twice and did the review questions over and over and over again.

I failed it the first time so I had that going for me. I kind of knew what to expect.

I think reading the book slowly and taking notes would be the best, then hit the practice exams hard that comes with the Sybex book.

Just to let you know I though this was 20x harder than Net + and A +
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass!!

I'm also planning on taking the 03 version of the exam on 28FEB11. I took the beta of the current exam about two years ago and failed it but I might have passed the 03 version if I took it. Hopefully the exam isn't that bad.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    Congratulations on the pass!!

I'm also planning on taking the 03 version of the exam on 28FEB11. I took the beta of the current exam about two years ago and failed it but I might have passed the 03 version if I took it. Hopefully the exam isn't that bad.

James it can be done believe me, it just took me two tries and a lot of reading.

I think whatever exam I do next I am going to use transcender. I heard a lot of people having success with them and it doesn't look cheezy.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    N2IT wrote: »
    I think whatever exam I do next I am going to use transcender. I heard a lot of people having success with them and it doesn't look cheezy.
    Transcender is good. You might also want to look into Labsim. It's been a better CBT, IMO, than trainsignal for the last 2 MS exams and it was really good for the Net+ and Sec+. The Labsim also has practice test questions.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    earweed wrote: »
    Transcender is good. You might also want to look into Labsim. It's been a better CBT, IMO, than trainsignal for the last 2 MS exams and it was really good for the Net+ and Sec+. The Labsim also has practice test questions.

I'll look into it for sure!

I was looking at grabbing a MS certification for the resume and to aquire some 7 studies. 685 looks like the one that interest me the most.

Anyway I need to stay focused I should do 271 and 272 first, but I will mostlikely just use the book for those and then if I pass both of those use labsim or transcender on the Windows 7 material
    Thank you. I am going to borders today to get the book.
    I let you know how it goes.
    I am going to setup a appointment today for the exam as well.

Well I have to go as today I take my CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals Exam as well as my Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 exam today.

I believe I will pass both. Well I will let you girl's and guy's know how it goes.

Again, thanks for the information on Project+.
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."
    mezeker wrote: »
    Thank you. I am going to borders today to get the book.
    I let you know how it goes.
    I am going to setup a appointment today for the exam as well.

Well I have to go as today I take my CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals Exam as well as my Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 exam today.

I believe I will pass both. Well I will let you girl's and guy's know how it goes.

Again, thanks for the information on Project+.

My pleasure and good luck

Let us know how you did.
    Hello All,

I passed my CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals yesterday and it was very easy.
    I did not study for this exam nor did I know I was going to take it yesterday.

While I was signing up for my ICND-1 exam I thought to myself why don't I take two exam's in one day just for the fun of it.

Well I was so happy I did do that because the Strata IT Fundamentals was a good refresher from when I took my A+ back in the day.

I failed the ICND-1 exam with a 575 and I needed an 804 to pass. I really need some help with this exam and willing to spend time on the phone with anyone here who is willing to help me. I would even do a trade for someone to help me with my CCNA that passed theirs recently for something I may teach you like ITIL and the likes.

I have an interview next week for an IT Manger position with an company of 560 people here in the Bronx, NY and getting my CCNA would really help me in that company to configure there network. better This is my third interview so I think I will get it.

Well back to IT certification, my ICND-1 I scored 100% on the WAN section and everything else was just bad, worst off this was my second time taking the exam.

I am going to sit for the Strata Green IT exam next week as I have a lot of experiences working with ISO 14000 and 14001stardards for Green IT at my last job and maybe I go for the first part of the CCNA again at that time, who knows.

Again, I thank everyone who gave me advice as I been a long time reader of this forum and I just joined to be a part of something better than one self.

Thanks.