Link to find value of old computers?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone have a good link to find the value of some HP computers? We have several laptops and desktops we have replaced, and boss wants to know value as he is thinking about selling them off to employees first, the auction sites, CL, etc.

Comments

• MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    On eBay you can search for completed listings for similar PCs/laptops to get an idea of the value. Also you can just list them on eBay with a $0.01 starting bid and no reserve and they will usually sell for approximately market value.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    On eBay you can search for completed listings for similar PCs/laptops to get an idea of the value.

Yeah, this is what I do.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • ssampierssampier Member Posts: 224
    You guys are more daring than I am. I never want the company to sell our used computers. Any future computer problems and you'll get bothered/bugged, whether about Windows, drivers, or software that's not included.

You can explain there's no warranty. In my experience the bosses' family and friends, and your coworkers still receive free help.

If you don't receive these calls, you're lucky.
    Future Plans:

JNCIA Firewall
    CCNA:Security
    CCNP

More security exams and then the world.
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Depends on how much data is still on the hard drives.
    :study:
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    On eBay you can search for completed listings for similar PCs/laptops to get an idea of the value. Also you can just list them on eBay with a $0.01 starting bid and no reserve and they will usually sell for approximately market value.

That is also what I have used to get estimate values of my old desktops/laptops. icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63