MCP Site Issue!

BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have been getting this error for past three days is it just me!

Server Error in '/MCP' Application.

Firstly it takes MS 2 weeks to add my exam to transcript, when I call I'm told it got "lost somehow" then they add it to transcript now I cant view or download icon_sad.gif

Comments

• TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Barrypr wrote: »
    I have been getting this error for past three days is it just me!

Server Error in '/MCP' Application.

Firstly it takes MS 2 weeks to add my exam to transcript, when I call I'm told it got "lost somehow" then they add it to transcript now I cant view or download icon_sad.gif

I don't know what browser you are using but if you are using IE then try Firefox. For me IE has always had problems with the MCP site since they overhauled it a few years back. I don't particularly like using Firefox over IE unless I need to use firebug but... My biggest problem with the site using IE8 is presenting a signout icon instead of a signin icon. This keeps me from logging in unless I flush ALL of my cookies. I have traced this to some type of cookie problem with hotmail/windows live which I use for the partner program and the MCP site. They were going to fix it real soon now a year ago. Firefox seems to have no problem logging in.

I consider this disgraceful, but what do I know, maybe the windows live universal login really is not supposed to work with accounts as old as mine. I used to get errors saying that the MCP site could not completely log me out and I should delete cookies and reboot. Now I don't even get that since I can't login unless I use Firefox. Firstly removing all your cookies and losing info for other sites is not an option. Using a cookie editor is too time consuming. Secondly rebooting to repair their problem should never be an option short of service pack installation.

In your case if they hand diddled your records it may be a case of a database sync error and you may have to call them again.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've had problems the past week or so, as well. I kept getting errors. I emailed them, and it suddenly worked. I think it was a fluke though, because it isn't working again. I've used multiple PC's on different networks using different browsers... So, it's definitely the site that is having issues.
  • PovilasPovilas Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm having same problems. It's nor browser nor computer issue. I wrote about this to Microsoft support and got response that they are aware of this problem and working on solving it. It's now couple days past, but site is still down.
    2013 to do list:
    [70-413] [70-414]
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I use IE (7 and 8 ) with the MCP site with no issues.

Haven't tried today though...

EDIT: Just accessed with no issue. What are you specifically trying to do?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It was working fine for me earlier today, but now I get this:
    The MCP secure sites (including MCP, MCT and MSBC) will be unavailable from

Friday, February 18, 2011 5:00 PM (Pacific Time) To

Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:00 AM (Pacific Time)

due to scheduled maintenance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • BarryprBarrypr Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its back working today, I had tried different browsers and even different machines, I did a search and found that this was happened before on the MCP site. Just a little annoyed with the calls I had to make and emails I had to send to get them to upgrade my transcript.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It is annoying that the MS sites don't always work right and that their automated stuff isn't always up to par. I've noticed on their MS IT Academy sites (until they did some recent fixing) that I had to use firefox to get it to work right when signing in. You would think their first priority would be to get their sites to work with their own browsers.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm glad it's working again now I can check my transcript. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63