Options

Incremental backup in windows server 2003 cancelled!

shanparamesshanparames Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi

I have configured ntbackup in windows server 2003 sbs in incremental backup mode in our company server and scheduled it on daily basis and it is quiet running without any problems for the past three days.The location for the backup is in a network hard disk drive and the same backup file is set to be appended by the backup process daily.

Today I am forced to stop it on the middle of the backup since there was a performance degradation so our staffs were not able to access the server properly.

Iam worried that whether the current incremental backup file stored in the network hdd is corrupted and if I want to use the incremental backup file today to restore my server (in case of any fault in the server) upto yesterday , will it work?

Please advise me

Thanks

S.Swaminathan
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Why would you think the network storage is corrupted? What kind of performance degradation did you suffer?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am worried that whether the current incremental backup file stored in the network hdd is corrupted and if I want to use the incremental backup file today to restore my server (in case of any fault in the server) upto yesterday , will it work?

When in doubt, run a full backup and start fresh.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    KenCKenC Member Posts: 131
    Yep, if you are going to use ntbackup, I would do a new copy backup to be sure, check the logs for the existing backup to see if there were problems reported. Have you tried to restore from your existing backups?