Options

640-460 IIUC in 1 week?

Hello.

Basically, I have been offered a training course from work which I accepted and asked for CVOICE 8. I have just checked the prerequisites and have seen that CCNA Voice is required and that you no longer get it with the CVOICE, and the person booking the exam is onto me.

Anyway, I have the IIUC study book and have gone through half of it previously. I have 2.5 years experience administrating a Callmanager/CUCM environment (4.3, 7 and 8.5). I also have a setup a working CUCM7 environment at home connected to the PSTN, but have no experience of CME or UC500.

Assuming I ask the exam place very nicely and they can book me onto an exam on the 28th, do you think it is possible? I am not really interested in the new one from what I have heard as it is just maintaining an existing setup? What do you all think?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    With experiance, it is rather easy to grasp. If you have experiance with SRST or h.323 gatekeepers you will probably be 75% ready for the exam. The stuff about the UC500 series can be studied with common sense and screenshots. Plow through the CBT nuggets, and I think it is possible for you.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • Options
    IPDirectIPDirect Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Trifidw wrote: »
    Hello.

Basically, I have been offered a training course from work which I accepted and asked for CVOICE 8. I have just checked the prerequisites and have seen that CCNA Voice is required and that you no longer get it with the CVOICE, and the person booking the exam is onto me.

Anyway, I have the IIUC study book and have gone through half of it previously. I have 2.5 years experience administrating a Callmanager/CUCM environment (4.3, 7 and 8.5). I also have a setup a working CUCM7 environment at home connected to the PSTN, but have no experience of CME or UC500.

Assuming I ask the exam place very nicely and they can book me onto an exam on the 28th, do you think it is possible? I am not really interested in the new one from what I have heard as it is just maintaining an existing setup? What do you all think?

Thanks.

Go for it man! Much of the same stuff is now repeated in the CVOICE 8.0 now anyways, Like configuring CME.