Checkpoint certs

dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
I'm thinking about going after CCSA eventually. What is the difficulty? Where can I get (or maybe the question is what can I get) that will give me hands on experience with Checkpoint?

Most importantly-I see that the certs are only valid for 18mos, or until a new version of their software comes out. Is it accepted in the industry to put down CCSA on your resume even if your CCSA technically "expired?" I cant imagine recertifying every year and a half. Especially if this cert is difficult

Just trying to gauge if this cert is worth it.

thanks

Comments

• WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Check out the following topic for some more info and a link to an evaluation copy:
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4642
    Is it accepted in the industry to put down CCSA on your resume even if your CCSA technically "expired?" I cant imagine recertifying every year and a half. Especially if this cert is difficult
    I've seen people include the version of the product. I think that's acceptable on a resume, not sure how CheckPoint feels about that. But if you're actually working with the product passing the exam and recertifying isn't that hard. They are a bit like Microsoft exams, it covers mostly how to configure their product (which tool, which menu/option).
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    thanks johan. u da man
  • dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    edit: Found the answer, nevermind.

I wonder though. Has anyone tried the evaluation from Checkpoint? Does the 30 day trial start when you place your order? Or is there some type of online registration that starts it.

Want to make sure I'm ready to study before activating it.

Thanks