Amazon streams free movies to Prime members

Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
Just a heads up to people here--I know a lot of us have Prime memberships, so I thought I would pass it along. If this is already posted somewhere, mods please delete, thanks.

Amazon streams free movies to Prime members | Media Maverick - CNET News

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Saw that yesterday, very cool! :)
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    And I got two .edu addresses......when WGU's runs out, I'll invoke the work address... :D

Your Excellency, you're the best! I just saved a whole bunch of money buying a PS3 for the house already with the Prime Shipping and of course no sales tax. Now I get to watch movies for free (legally, to boot?)

(I got the 160GB version, plus a 500GB drive as it doesn't void the warranty....not to mention a $50 promotional credit.......) Way cheaper than buying the 320GB bundle with the Move [I can always get Move later...]

+1!
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i thought I read somewhere that it didn't apply to the free Prime student accounts
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mike-Mike wrote: »
    i thought I read somewhere that it didn't apply to the free Prime student accounts

That would be a bummer...

edit: Just tried and you are right.
    Mike-Mike confirmed it.....

(CRAP!!)

Amazon.jpg

So mad right now.....does Amazon stream through the PlayStation 3? If it does/can I might bite the bullet one day and pay Amazon then cut the cord.........keep just Broadband.
  • Excellent1Excellent1 Member Posts: 462 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My apologies, folks. I missed the fine print and assumed...(and we all know what happens when you assume).

Any mods feel free to delete this, if appropriate.
    Excellent1 wrote: »
    My apologies, folks. I missed the fine print and assumed...(and we all know what happens when you assume).

This is still good for folks that do pay for Prime. We're just mad (and not at you, no worries) that us colleges kids [lol] who got Prime can't get this for free too....lmao.

Thread is still good if one wants to pay for Prime and have an alternative to Netflix.
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Excellent1 wrote: »

GRRRrr... heh jus playin.. thanks anyways
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    erpadmin wrote: »
    Mike-Mike confirmed it.....

(CRAP!!)

Amazon.jpg

So mad right now.....does Amazon stream through the PlayStation 3? If it does/can I might bite the bullet one day and pay Amazon then cut the cord.........keep just Broadband.

Amazon does not currently support Xbox360/PS3 streaming although there are a few workarounds for the Xbox. I personally just ran a DVI-HDMI cable from one of my computers to the television and stream it that way.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Checked it out, the TV show selection is a bit sparse though I suppose it's a newer offering and being that I had my Prime account before this I can't complain since I wasn't ever expecting this anyways :D
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Does it work from outside the US?
  • exampasserexampasser Member Posts: 718 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I too was a bit disappointed when I read that it does not apply to student Prime accounts, oh well.