Take ICND1 tomorrow

CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
Studied through Netacad and my community college with hardware. Used packet tracer a bunch. Book used was Wendel Odems. I've also used boson exam engine. And I've read the modules on netacad.

I take it tomorrow at 12pm. I'm excited because it's my first exam (related to certs). I'm just doing some final touch prep, can you guys tell me what you think the toughest part is? I can subnet very fast so that's not a problem.
Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens

Comments

• CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks, I know this cert probably isn't a big deal to a lot of people but this is my first cert exam ever!!! I don't think I'm going to get much sleep icon_neutral.gif 12 hours from now, I'll be in the exam room! I don't really know why I'm nervous, but I am. I know the material, but can't help be nervous. Weird thing is, somehow this thought got planted in my mind while I was sleeping(last night) that I was forgetting something VERY IMPORTANT related to exam subjects. It was the first thought in my mind upon waking up. I couldn't think of what it was for the life of me. Turned out it was just a dream. -_- It's as if my mind was playing tricks on me.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    CodeBlox wrote: »
    I was forgetting something VERY IMPORTANT
    Pants? icon_lol.gif

Make sure you read the exam question, all the answers, and then read the question AGAIN before you select the correct answer(s). You might have missed a word or misunderstood the question the first time you read it and you may be tempted to jump on the "right answer" to the "wrong question."

Plus that focus on the "process of answering the questions" can help you power through the "during exam jitters." I had the pre-exam jitters for my first 15 or so Cisco Exams -- and the "during exam jitters" when I took the CCNA (which was my first Certification of the modern Vendor Certification exams at Prometric/Vue era).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good luck on your test today. Let us know when you pass. icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    Good Luck! I know the one thing I should have concentrated more on was interpreting some of the show commands but I still got a good score - with the resources you used you should do fine!!
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PASSED! 899 / 1000

The biggest problem I had was the nervousness. I knew the content but I'm not sure why I was nervous. The other thing that didn't help was the other candidate test taker who was in the room. That son of a ***** would not stop coughing and I couldn't concentrate. Every 3 seconds he was coughing and was there for most of my time there. I had 35 minutes left on the clock when I finished.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PASSED! 899 / 1000

The biggest problem I had was the nervousness. I knew the content but I'm not sure why I was nervous. The other thing that didn't help was the other candidate test taker who was in the room. That son of a ***** would not stop coughing and I couldn't concentrate. Every 3 seconds he was coughing and was there for most of my time there. I had 35 minutes left on the clock when I finished.

Nicely done. icon_cheers.gif
    Sucks about the distractions, that's why I usually try and schedule my stuff so i'm the last guy there.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    PASSED!
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    Congrats! CCNA is up next!
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU
  • badboyeeebadboyeee Member Posts: 348
    Congrats! did the NetAcad classes help you a lot? did you do all 4 modules already?
    2011 Certification Plans so far:
    [Cisco: CCENT (ICND1)-> CCNA (ICND2)]
    [MS: MCP-> MCDST-> MCTS / MCITP:ESDT7-> MCITP:EDA7]

Class taking:
    [Cisco NetAcademy - Network Fundamentals (35%)]

Video currently watching:

[CBT Nuggets - CCENT w/ Jeremy (50%)]
    [CBT Nuggets - 20-721 (40%)
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    badboyeee wrote: »
    Congrats! did the NetAcad classes help you a lot? did you do all 4 modules already?

I can't speak for CodeBlox, but for me the 640-802 felt pretty easy after completing the Network Academy classes.

And congrats on the pass CodeBlox!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • FuturaFutura Member Posts: 191
    35 Mins left on the clock..!!

Nice work...icon_cheers.gif
  • dandixdandix Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!! I got the same score.. with 29 mins left.

good luck on ICND2. there is a lot of info to learn for ICND2, well I think so!! lol
  • maddemmaddem Member Posts: 117 ■■□□□□□□□□