New Job

Hi all,

I figured I'd update everyone on my job search and prospects. I accepted a job today doing Managed Services work as a Systems Engineer. I'll be working with Cisco Routers, VM Ware, Windows Servers and Clients, VoIP phones and other stuff as well. I start on the 14th and I think it'll be a great change. I am currently doing support for a Marketing Application. If anyone has any resources or ideas to help me get started, I'd appreciate it.

Comments

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on the new job!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Sounds great. Congrats!
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the new job!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    willhi1979 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I figured I'd update everyone on my job search and prospects. I accepted a job today doing Managed Services work as a Systems Engineer. I'll be working with Cisco Routers, VM Ware, Windows Servers and Clients, VoIP phones and other stuff as well. I start on the 14th and I think it'll be a great change. I am currently doing support for a Marketing Application. If anyone has any resources or ideas to help me get started, I'd appreciate it.

You have enough certificates to know something about the technology and a bacground in support. Just work hard, be mobile and get around and get to know people, finish work off properly and avoid conflicts and you be fine.
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on your new job icon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    Thank you all! It'll be a good opportunity.
  • AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    Woot! Congrats man! icon_thumright.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender