Xoom?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Anyone run out and buy one of these yet? At 800 (600 with 2 yr contract) it is a bit pricey.

Comments

• XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No, haven't gone out to invest the money in it. Just amazing how these tablets have been created by so many companies now. From the iPad to the Tab to the Dell Streak and now to the Xoom.

I believe it is a bit pricey. So its actually $800 w/o a contract?
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• TackleTackle Member Posts: 534
    "Just amazing how these tablets have been created by so many companies now. From the iPad to the Tab to the Dell Streak and now to the Xoom".

There are numerous other companies creating great products as well (Archos, Creative, Huawei, B&N CNook, LG, Motorola, Samsung to name a few) . A big one that just got released was the HTC flyer...$900 or so. There are a TON of 'china' tablets that are very appealing, I've had them in my shopping card but backed out because they did not have all the features I wanted and I know that if I keep looking I'll eventually find the perfect one.

Big selling point for the Xoom is that it is the first tablet with the official release of the honeycomb OS...at least I think it's the first official. The Nook has had a version of 3.0 for a few weeks, but it wasn't 100% stable.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yeah 800 without contract AND you have to buy at LEAST one month of data plan (20 bucks) plus a 35.00 set up fee.

If you decide to do the data again later on, its 20 plus 35.00 once again. Thank you Verizon!!

The WI-FI only model will be out "sometime later" and Verizon is promising a free 4G hardware upgrade later this year.
  • shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been eyeballing it for a pretty long time and still haven't decided one way or the other. About the only thing I have decided is that IF I end up getting one, it will definitely be the WiFi only version whenever that comes around.
    :study:
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That's pretty pricey!! I think I'll wait
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LucasMN wrote: »
    "Just amazing how these tablets have been created by so many companies now. From the iPad to the Tab to the Dell Streak and now to the Xoom".

There are numerous other companies creating great products as well (Archos, Creative, Huawei, B&N CNook, LG, Motorola, Samsung to name a few) . A big one that just got released was the HTC flyer...$900 or so. There are a TON of 'china' tablets that are very appealing, I've had them in my shopping card but backed out because they did not have all the features I wanted and I know that if I keep looking I'll eventually find the perfect one.

Big selling point for the Xoom is that it is the first tablet with the official release of the honeycomb OS...at least I think it's the first official. The Nook has had a version of 3.0 for a few weeks, but it wasn't 100% stable.

Yes, I know there are a few others that have been released as well, just giving a couple of examples regarding the tablets. Thanks for the info, didn't know about a couple of the companies you named that have released some..awesomeicon_thumright.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    im waiting on tablets till this one comes out

Samsung Slide PC 7: Tablet & Netbook in One Running Oaktrail | Netbooknews - Netbooks, Netbook Reviews, Smartbooks and more

how it stands now they are all just giant smart phones with phone operating systems and no keyboard

the Samsung may weigh a little bit more but when you add in a blue tooth keyboard to a iPad ( ThinkGeek :: iPad Bluetooth Keyboard Case ) your weight is the same but still have the operating system/hardware limitations
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm a little disappointed that there are not more offerings for Android based tablets that either do or don't have 3G/4G capability but that don't require a data plan.