Options

I want to get CCIE number.

loganshootloganshoot Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am planning to take exam.
What are some efficient ways to study?
I need to recommand someone who have experience in CCIE.

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    loganshoot wrote: »
    I am planning to take exam.
    What are some efficient ways to study?
    I need to recommand someone who have experience in CCIE.

Most people will answer this question by barrelling into the various study resources on offer. I get hit up regularly by the vendor sales team about various offerings. I have everything I need in that regard. Buying more products will not solve the real problem which is adequate time to use them properly. Lots of people have that problem particularly if their career is at the advanced levels and only demanding days await them at work. So my advice is more social.

If you have employer support for it do as much studying as you can on works time when your mind and body are fresh. If you do not have employer support for it there is always lunchtime. Some jobs like late night shifts offer long periods of idleness so you could use those for decent study periods, but this varies from shop to shop. Just be careful of amassing lots of study time at work. You can get behind on real work and it can be a bone of contention with people who do not study at work.

Even if you can do all that, expect evening and weekend sacrifice. Study daily, even a little. If your work and home responsibilities are high your study plan will need to be more relaxed or you will be under pressure in those areas of your life. If that creates issues for you, either park the study plans, or change your job to something that allows you the time to concentrate on the thing a little. I hesitate to recommend you change your partner if he/she is demanding and less than enthused about your late night and all weekend rack sessions. Putting your wife and kids out onto the streets isn't cool. Besides, wives have a tendancy to pack their bags and walk out long before the CCIE candidate thinks there is a problem. It happens. Once you are in the study zone, be sure to plan ahead and discuss with your partner, and do keep your promise on non study nights for the sake of everyone. You could be looking at several years depending on your commitments. There is a tendancy for people to assume that because their partner is watching TV (alone, again) and not grumbling while you do another 5 hour rack session that all is well on the homefront. This is not always the case. People can feel neglected and resentful. So always come up for air and check in!

Good luck!
  • Options
    millworxmillworx Member Posts: 290
    Turgon wrote: »
    Once you are in the study zone, be sure to plan ahead and discuss with your partner, and do keep your promise on non study nights for the sake of everyone. You could be looking at several years depending on your commitments. There is a tendancy for people to assume that because their partner is watching TV (alone, again) and not grumbling while you do another 5 hour rack session that all is well on the homefront. This is not always the case. People can feel neglected and resentful. So always come up for air and check in!

Sooo True! My girl hates that I spend more time with my routers than her. But she understands its for the best for both of us.
    Currently Reading:
    CCIE: Network Security Principals and Practices
    CCIE: Routing and Switching Exam Certification Guide
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    millworx wrote: »
    Sooo True! My girl hates that I spend more time with my routers than her. But she understands its for the best for both of us.

hehehehe..for the moment. Love your girl, like your job!