Passed ICND1

jdfriesenjdfriesen Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Just got back from the testing center, got 900/1000 with a passing score of 804.

The breakdown is as follows:
  • Describe the operation of data networks: 86%
  • Implement a small switched network: 89%
  • Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP services to meet network requirements for a small branch office: 89%
  • Implement a small routed network: 80%
  • Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN: 100%
  • Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats: 100%
  • Implement and verify WAN links: 67%
Pretty happy overall, although a bit surprised on the 67% on WAN links, I did a bunch of labbing on that with multiple routers at home, and was pretty comfortable, so I must have either misread something, or just plain made a stupid mistake.

Anyways, on to ICND2!

Comments

• wireratwirerat Member Posts: 251
    Very nice score. Congrats on the pass! icon_cheers.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies! icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Barrydoc84Barrydoc84 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats jdfriesen on passing, just started studying for my ICND1 was wondering what kind or routers & switches you used for your home lab as im loking for some yo help with my studies
  • jdfriesenjdfriesen Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Barrydoc84 wrote: »
    was wondering what kind or routers & switches you used for your home lab as im loking for some yo help with my studies

My lab currently consists of:
    • 3 - Cisco 1841 Routers with one WIC-2T in each
    • 1 - Cisco 2520 Router
    • 1 - Cisco 2511 Router
    • 2 - Cisco 3550 Switches
    • 1 - Cisco 2950 Switch
    Good luck with your studies!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Seriously, where do you guys get the money for these great toys? crash.gif

Congrats on the pass!
  • dandixdandix Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!! good luck on ICND2 hope to take my ICND2 test in 3 weeks
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    alan2308 wrote: »
    Seriously, where do you guys get the money for these great toys?
    With great knowledge and skills comes a great salary and great toys (to earn an even bigger salary and get bigger/better/greater toys). icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Seriously, where do you guys get the money for these great toys? crash.gif!

In my case, my employer provided them to me. If I had to pay for it myself, I would have cut a few more corners!
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    With great knowledge and skills comes a great salary and great toys (to earn an even bigger salary and get bigger/better/greater toys). icon_lol.gif

I wouldn't expect those with great knowledge and skills to be here discussing their attempts at the CCENT. :)
    I wouldn't expect those with great knowledge and skills to be here discussing their attempts at the CCENT. :)

Depends on what that knowledge and skills relate to I guess... I've been working in the IT field since 1989, just haven't done much with Cisco. I've been primarily in the software side, mostly Linux and SQL stuff, but decided to broaden my skills into other areas.
  • Barrydoc84Barrydoc84 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey jdfriesen thanks for letting me know aboiut your home lab, looking for some stuff on ebay