Options

Should I sell parts, to help buy upgrades or help fund switches?

f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,
I am looking for a bit of advice on my newly purchased routers, or more specifically if I show keep all the modules that came included with the routers?

My thoughts are possibly sell some of the parts on to help fund some switches, memory upgrades or even some serial cables.
The routers:

2621: 16MB flash, 64MB Ram (2x32MB) 1 WIC-2T and a NM-2V with both a VIC-2FX0 & VIC-2FXS cards

2621XM: 16MB flash 64MB Ram (1x64MB), 1 WIC-2T, 1 WIC-1T

I am happy with both routers but as I am on a really tight budget, would it be worth selling the “NM-2V with both a VIC-2FX0 & VIC-2FXS” and possibly the WIC-1T to help fund some more kit?

I have only just started my CCNA so have no idea what the “NM-2V with both a VIC-2FX0 & VIC-2FXS” is, or if it is much use for the CCNA. But at the same time I would hate to sell it to find out later down the line I could have used it for something else.

I should also say that I currently only have these two routers, 1 console cable and some Ethernet cables.

I am currently studding for my CCNA at my local academy (currently doing CCNA2) and that I have access to packet tracer, the academy Cisco lab kit and NetLab (Free rack time provided by the academy, which is accessible remotely).

Any help would be much appreciated.
2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
Prince2
MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup:

Comments

• Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    The NM-2V with both a VIC-2FX0 & VIC-2FXS are for Voice applications. If you plan on going for CCNA-V than you want to keep them. Otherwise, I would sell them on ebay in order to raise funds for some swithes and another router.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    f3z81f3z81 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The NM-2V with both a VIC-2FX0 & VIC-2FXS are for Voice applications. If you plan on going for CCNA-V than you want to keep them. Otherwise, I would sell them on ebay in order to raise funds for some swithes and another router.

Cheers mate; I don’t see me doing the CCNA-V any time soon, although it’s good to know what they are. lol.

Before I consider selling them, does anyone know if there is there a way I can test there functionality, before I sell them?

All I know at the minute is that they are shown in the running-config.

Cheers in advance.
    2011:

CCNA April / May (Hopefully)

ITIL v3
    Prince2
    MCTS Windows 7

Then Rest! :thumbup:
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Your best option is to show the running config t and interface printouts.

That is usually good enough for people. If the system sees it that it is usually good. Just put in your posting the item is AS-IS and no further testing can be performed. That will keep out you out any trouble with ebay.

The stuff I have purchased from E-bay have those printouts and I have been happy.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action