Has moving delayed your cert plans?

So for those who have moved in middle of your studies, how long would you say the whole moving hassle delayed your certification roadmap?

Need to move next month!
Current Study Track
EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I'm moving next week and it's delaying me taking the 70-647 exam for a couple weeks due to no seats available at testing center.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I know it delayed me when I moved last year from taking my MCP exam by 2 weeks or so due to work and getting everything moved in and set up.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm moving in a couple of months. I'm studing for windows 7 and planning on taking the exam in march, so I should have it before I move. While I'm in the process of moving I plan on starting the Security+ (as long as I have windows 7 by then). So I don't see moving really affecting my cert plans. The only thing that will affect my plans would be me failing the windows 7 multiple times.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    It did put my BSCI studies for the CCNP back a little bit, had other things to worry about in the mean time (especially as this was my first mortgaged place after moving out of my parents so all sorts of niggles). Certs can wait though, if you have to take a couple of weeks/months off to get it all sorted, its better than trying to get straight back into it and living in an unfinished/unsuited house.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I can definitly see moving into a new house setting you back, especially if you have a family, but if it's just an appartment and your by yourself moving isn't too bad.
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • za3bourza3bour Member Posts: 1,062 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well I did move from Syria to Saudi Arabia in December, I was planning to take my 70-647 in January I took it in Februaruy so you can say it was around one month of delay. Not too bad since a lot of changes and confusion at first. I think you're looking at between 2-4 weeks (estimate) of delay.