Options

WGU Java Part 2 class - anyone taken the non-cert version recently?

westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
On April 1st I start Java 2.

I want to get a head start but can't access the assignments ahead of time.

Anyone recently taken this that knows the first assignments so I can start on them?

Much appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    westward wrote: »

Anyone recently taken this that knows the first assignments so I can start on them?

Give Student Services a call.....like right now. (the number is right on the portal.wgu.edu homepage before you even sign in) They can either give you access to the assignments without enrolling you OR will email you what you need.

If this were a regular work day, you could call your mentor up and have him sign you up for the resources.

BTW, these sort of questions, since you're a regular student, should go in the WGU Student Experiences thread. One thing I'll say for Student Services is they have YET to disappoint me on a weekend. I pray the day they aren't available on a weekend NEVER happens. They're open right now until 7PM MST.
  • Options
    westwardwestward Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Oh, well thanks erpadmin!

My mentor said the task stream stuff can't be released until I signup.... I'll investigate further!
  • Options
    erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Oh, well thanks erpadmin!

My mentor said the task stream stuff can't be released until I signup.... I'll investigate further!

Yes you do have to request resources in your AAP. Though even with that, the mentor can do that for you. Student Services can help you with this as well.
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226

I Finished that class in November. The only assignment was creating a student management application along with documentation. Shoot me a PM with your email address and I can forward you the assignment.
  • Options
    JavaSuxJavaSux Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone here completed this course? I have plowed through my classes with pretty good results up to this point but this class is killing me. I have experience from a few years ago in Visual Basic programming, but that is it. Any thoughts or advice you might have?