Best Book to Study with...

Maverick918Maverick918 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys,

Im looking for the most comprehensive book that will deal with Exam objectives specifically. I have the Exam Cram CCNA Third Edition, CCNA Fast Pass and both CCNA ICND1 and ICND2 Books but both the Exam Cram and the Fast Pass books got bad reviews and the ICND1 & ICND2 books are intimidating to go through for 1 test. (I' am taking my 640 - 802 in April.) I was looking at the CCNA Study guide by Todd Lammle (The version that is bigger than the fast pass lol)

Basically what I'm asking you guys is what study guide did you use if you passed? What is the best?

I just passed Network+ and have went through the Cisco NetAcademy so I'm no stranger to Cisco :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The golden standards are the Lammle book you mentioned and the one by Wendell Odom. As a general rule anything with the words "cram", "fast" should not be a primary source.
  • Maverick918Maverick918 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yea for sure, I really enjoyed his book on Network+ So I'am going to buy his study guide book. Thanks for your recommendation.

:)
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    I used the videos from Train Signal for ICND1 and ICND2.
    I have heard a lot of good things about Tod's books. You can always but the Offical Study guide from Cisco Press. I bought them for ICND1 and 2.

Let me know what you think. But if you can get your hands on the videos, I think you would be better off because the instructor will show you lab senarios as well which are very helpful.

Amazon.com: CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, 2nd Edition (9781587201820): Wendell Odom: Books

The videos:
    http://www.trainsignal.com/Cisco-CCNA-Training.aspx
    Eating humble pie.
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    Also, if you want the videos but th price is to high I think you can email the instructor and he may give you a discount. Worth a try.
    Eating humble pie.
  • Maverick918Maverick918 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For sure :) I have the 2 Wendell Odom books and they are very good, I have placed a hold on the CCNA Lammle book and I will be picking it up after work. I will also be looking into the Train Signal vids :)

Thanks guys!!
  • network86network86 Member Posts: 5 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would also recommend Train signal videos, they helped alot. I read both Todd lammle book and Wendells and prefered Wendells.