MALC exam

BW81BW81 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Sat the MALC today and only just scraped it with 70%. I was surprised to see I got 2 questions completely wrong as thought I had all the distractors nailed down. Anyway, I managed to get 5 points for the rest with an exception of a 3. I thought it was on par with the other exams in terms of difficultly and was a bit nervous when clicking the submit button!

Comments

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass!

MALC can be tough simply because by the time you get to it you're already exhausted from 4+ other tough exams.

MS
  • BW81BW81 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks MS, I might have a look at the ISO 20K stuff next. What's that like if you don't mind me asking?
    BW81 wrote: »
    Thanks MS, I might have a look at the ISO 20K stuff next. What's that like if you don't mind me asking?

The ISO 20k consultant's exam that I took many years ago is still the most difficult certification exam I've ever taken. It was 1/2 essay and 1/2 multiple choice and 1/2 kick in the nuts.

It really asks you to apply the 20k spec to a real situation that a consultant might face while trying to help an organization achieve ISO 20k certification.

MS
    Thanks, i'll take a look at the foundation material. Going to have a break for a while!
    BW81 wrote: »
    Thanks, i'll take a look at the foundation material. Going to have a break for a while!

I haven't taken the foundation one, but N2IT has, he might be able to share some thoughts on it.

MS
  • itil_fanitil_fan Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    eMeS wrote: »
    I haven't taken the foundation one, but N2IT has, he might be able to share some thoughts on it.

MS

Sorry for the late reply. It's been crazy hiring a new team and running through the hoops.

Anyway I would recommend getting the ISO/IEC 20000 service management book from Van Haren publications. You can link to the site from the Exin.com website. The book is pretty thin, like the ITIL foundation book. Maybe 300 pages if memory serves me correctly.

That alone gave me everything I needed to pass. The format was the same as the ITIL V3 Foundations.
    Great, thanks for the info, will check it out.
  • Cousens228Cousens228 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone know where I can do the MALC exam online? I am based in the London area