SSCP - Do I touch enough domains to be qualified?

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
I'm the administrator for our Check Point Media Encryption and Full Disk Encryption. I'm wondering if this allows me to meet the requirements for SSCP. The Media Encryption software allows me lock down USB ports, etc. which I would assume falls under access control, and Full Disk Encryption would fall under cryptography?

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/index.html#endpoint

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SSCP only requires one domain ;)
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You could also submit your package to ISC2 and they could endorse your application.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Why are you waiting until next year?

Well the major reason is that I don't see an option to take the exam before next year.

edit: I guess there is one in July. Argh, it's in Charleston. That is quite a distance from Greenville.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well the major reason is that I don't see an option to take the exam before next year.

Good reason. That's the major reason I want to do mine in May. They don't offer it all the time.
  • powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,665 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You could always travel to take the exam. I took the CISSP in Northern Virginia, and that was a 12 hour drive for me. Although, I did have other reasons for travelling out there. (ISC)2 only proctors exams twice a year in my area, and I was not waiting to take it.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□

edit: I guess there is one in July. Argh, it's in Charleston. That is quite a distance from Greenville.

Look at taking it in Charlotte (I think Charlotte is only 1-1.5 hours from Greenville) or Atlanta (3 hours maybe)? Either one of those options is closer than Charleston.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Look at taking it in Charlotte (I think Charlotte is only 1-1.5 hours from Greenville) or Atlanta (3 hours maybe)? Either one of those options is closer than Charleston.

if you have a choice stay out of the atlanta one the traffic will be killer if your not use to it

dont wanna stress before that kinda test
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    rwmidl wrote: »

Good idea!