Done ....

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Finally passed the last exam for the Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010 - I started at "0" back in August (haven't played with Exchange since 5.5) and studied 10-15 hours / week since ..

I am also running now my own Exchange server in our datacenter for all my private emails ... Setup has two server running the CAS and HT role where the two CAS server are in a CASArray and loadbalanced using a HA Pair of Zeus Loadbalancer, two MB server in a DAG and two Edge server with GFI installed. Plus two DCs obviously.

The whole lot is installed on two ESX Server in different datacenter running on Dell Equallogic SANs and is being backed up using Veeam B&R5

I think I can consider myself lucky to have access to so many resources, I am sure I wouldn't be able to pass that exam without it.

I am working in a hosting company and I am the VMWare guy here so I have all necessary resources at my disposal, plus my company bought every book I wanted, bought the Trainsignal and CBT Nuggets DVDs and so on ... They even bought a SAN certificate for me so I can test that properly (funny through how many loops they jump if they want someone to have that exam :p)

So yea - that chapter is done .. The bad thing - the directors board now decided to use Open Exchange :-\ ... I love Exchange (second love after VMWare) so I am sure I will keep working on / with it ... (obviously, since now my private email is using it lol).
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Gomjaba! Thats awesome work, You've lucky to have a work do that much for you.
    You deserve to pass with putting that much work into it.

/I'm very jealous at your lab :P
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    Congrats!
    1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • TrainSignalEricTrainSignalEric Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • peakbagger66peakbagger66 Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations Gomjaba! You worked hard judging from the past threads

I just passed 70-662 today. I had a little over 3 weeks to study for it but I also had a ton of Exchange 2007 admin and deploys behind me. Spent 20 - 30 hours a week labbing it up. Work provided MCST Microsoft book, Trainsignal videos, Transcender, and Measureup exams. Also had CBT Nuggets but didn't use it much - a couple videos for concept reinforcement where needed. Lots of new things that I certainly didn't know about and probably will never use. Federation? Doubt if I will ever use it!

That exam - holy hannah that was still pretty hard.
    Studying for this exam was by far the most fun I've ever had in the last 3 months of intensive study. May as well hit 70-663 so I can get an MCITP...