Just passed sec+ and already have MCSA

a80lia80li Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just passed Sec+ and I already have MCSA so what do you recommend next?

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    What are your career goals? I assume you are collecting certs to get a (better) job?
  • a80lia80li Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

Thank you for the reply!

I already have a job and I am OK with it but my boss here want me to take more cert's and the company will pay for it.
    I checked MCP site and they mentioned some thing about prerequisite for MCSA/security and Security+ was there as one but I am not sure if I need to do more exams to be MCSA/Security

Regards,

Ali
    So you are a Microsoft sysadmin? The MCSE:Security would be good goal then. Do you do any network administration? Working up to the CCNA:Security might be a good thing too.
    Hi,

A qustion: My MSCA plus security+ will make MCSA:Security or i need to have more exams?

May be MCSE is a good goal!
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    a80li wrote: »
    Hi,

A qustion: My MSCA plus security+ will make MCSA:Security or i need to have more exams?

May be MCSE is a good goal!

Yes, you will need to send Microsoft a copy of your Security + certification, and once they validate it, you will have the MCSA: Security.
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Yes, you will need to send Microsoft a copy of your Security + certification, and once they validate it, you will have the MCSA: Security.

You have to have two Security electives to get a Security Designation. I used Security+ for one and need to pass the 70-299. See the link below.

Systems Administrator| MCSA | Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
    Hi,

Thanx for the replies!
    Can I get MSCA server 2008:Security? and what exams I need to take?
    icon_study.gif
    By the way, I had 70-350 (ISA 2004) with my MSCA so can I fulfill MSCA:Security now?

icon_surprised.gif
  • willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    By the way, I had 70-350 (ISA 2004) with my MSCA so can I fulfill MSCA:Security now?

icon_surprised.gif

Yes, with the Security+ and the 70-350 you would fufill the elective requirement. That information is on the link I posted.
    Thanx buddy for the support!
  • PhronesisPhronesis Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I just passed Sec+ and I already have MCSA so what do you recommend next?

i strongly suggest you take CCNA.
    Hi,

Well, my company require me to have a security oriented certification and they might not allow me to take networking or similar stuff!
    Do you recommend SSCP?
    Does your company provide a listings of certifications that find acceptable and that they will pay for?
    Does your company provide a listings of certifications that find acceptable and that they will pay for?

No, but they require certifications related to IT security.

Thanks Admin!
    Have a look at job postings for the same type of work you do in your geographical area and check what certs the hiring managers are asking for. It never hurts to make yourself more marketable.
    JDMurray wrote: »
    Have a look at job postings for the same type of work you do in your geographical area and check what certs the hiring managers are asking for. It never hurts to make yourself more marketable.

Hi,

How to search for this? I am in Sweden, is there a website or something similar?
  • CertGuy2011CertGuy2011 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi a80li, we are in the same situation. Just finished Sec+ as an elective for MCSA. I'm currently doing my MCSE cert since I only have 3 exams to pass. Then I will do Cisco CCNA cert. I personnaly think that MCSE & CCNA are a must for Network Administrator.
    Hi,

My name is Ali and I am in Sweden!

I agree with you about MCSA, MCSE and CCNA as a base for ever thing over that.
    I submit my transcript to MS and I am MCSA: Security now!

I think if I need to upgrade to MCSA server 2008 then one exam is required?

Admin,

What do you think about SSCP? Do you recommend it?

Thanks,

Ali