Options

Passed 298, now a MCSE!

I passed my 70-298 with a 737 today. I scored a couple questions short of strong in all the sections but Creating the Conceptual Design for Network Infrastructure Security by Gathering and Analyzing Business and Technical Requirements. I scored a little above Needs Improvement there. It was weird that I did bad in that one area, but I did very well on the others.

Comments

• Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Congrates mate am taking mine next week what materials did you use how was the exam in general cause is like u scored a lil does this exam have sims.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    No sims on the exam, it's a design exam so there are case studies and questions based on them. I used the MS Press 70-299 book, the Sybex 70-298 book, CBTNuggets, and UCertify for practice exams. I did very well on all the sections except one, but now I'm struggling with the 70-299.
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on accomplishing the MCSE!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Huge achievement! Nice going
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is a huge accomplishment and I am way jealous of you. Way to go!
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats! Are you moving on to anything else?
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    Jack2Jack2 Member Posts: 153
    Whooo Hooo! Welcome to the club!
    WGU Courses Completed at WGU: CPW3, EWB2, WFV1, TEV1, TTV1, AKV1, TNV1| TSV1, LET1, ORC1, MGC1, TPV1, TWA1, CVV1, DHV1, DIV1, DJV1, TXP1, TYP1, CUV1, TXC1, TYC1, CJV1
    Classes Transferred: BAC1, BBC1, LAE1, LAT1, LUT1 ,1LC1, 1MC1, QLT1, IWC1, IWT1, INC1, INT1, SSC1, SST1, CLC1
    WGU Graduate - BSIT 2014
  • Options
    powerfool wrote: »
    Congrats! Are you moving on to anything else?

I started a new job on March 14th so that's keeping me busy. I studied for the Exchange 2003 Exams but the Sybex book I used wasn't enough and the second time I took the 284 was a lot different. I need to retake the 299 at some point, and I'm taking the VSphere 4.1 class through UofC: SD starting on the 11th of April. After that, I'll want to upgrade the MCSE and move on to Cisco or something else.
  • Options
    BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
    Does 298 have simulations? mate.
    Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1
  • Options
    Bulletz wrote: »

Nope, it's just security design questions.
  • Options
    powerfoolpowerfool Member Posts: 1,666 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bulletz wrote: »

It uses the case studies.
    2024 Renew: [ ] AZ-204 [ ] AZ-305 [ ] AZ-400 [ ] AZ-500 [ ] Vault Assoc.
    2024 New: [X] AWS SAP [ ] CKA [ ] Terraform Auth/Ops Pro
  • Options
    kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Any tips or advice (without violating the NDA) for the exam. I have just started studying 298 on road to MCSE after failing 297 5 times :S
    IT Desktop Support Technician
    Comptia Exams passed - A+
    Microsoft Exams Passed - 270, 290, 291, 620, 293, 294
    Qualifications - MCP, MCTS, MCSA
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the accomplishment!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.