Passed the CISSP Test

core22core22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
"Congratulations! It gives me great pleasure to inform you that you have passed the (ISC)2 credential examination and are now an Associate of (ISC)2."

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I took the test on 2/20 and just found out an hour ago so it ended up taking me 18 days. I have a little over 3 years of solid applicable experience and I'm just a 3 classes away from graduating Drexel with a BS in InfoSec. Hopefully I'll have everything wrapped up by the end of the year for the full CISSP designation.

Corey
CISSP | GPEN | GWAPT | GCIH | CEH | CHFI | Security+
BS - InfoSec, Drexel University - Summa Cum Laude

Comments

• rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!

What did you use to prep/how long did you take to study and prepare for the exam?
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • core22core22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For books I used the AIO 4th & 5th editions, as well as the Krutz & Vines book. I found that prior attainment of the Sec+ helped a lot as well, as there is a lot of overlap. For classes I went back to school for IT Security (mid-career change, IT to InfoSec) and my Drexel classes definitely helped out the most. When I finally decided to sit for the exam my company offered to send me for training, so I went with TrainingCamp.com and that helped the most regarding the mindset needed for many of the questions. Hard to say how long I prepared because pretty much all of it was taught at Drexel, so 3 years of class participation, homework, papers, and midterm/finals was probably 90% my study. TrainingCamp helped but it didn't teach anything new that wasn't covered in the books. What it did do was change my thinking from my experiences to global experiences and a management point of view.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on your pass! icon_thumright.gif

Why do you think it will take so long to get your endorsement? Will it take you that long to get the required professional work experience?
  • core22core22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the congrats :) I only have about 3.5 - 4 years of applicable work experience. So to be safe and 100% legitimate, by the end of the year I will fulfill 4 years+ worth, and combined with my degree in InfoSec from Drexel, I will have everything needed just before the end of this year. So for now I am an Associate of (ISC)² CISSP.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    A Nice university name tagged with that degree as well congrats.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Chris:/* wrote: »
    A Nice university name tagged with that degree as well congrats.

Not to hijack this thread and take away from Core22's pass, but Chris:/* hope you are ok over there in Japan!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • WescottWescott Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.

What a load off your shoulders.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    core22 wrote: »
    Thanks for the congrats :) I only have about 3.5 - 4 years of applicable work experience. So to be safe and 100% legitimate, by the end of the year I will fulfill 4 years+ worth, and combined with my degree in InfoSec from Drexel, I will have everything needed just before the end of this year. So for now I am an Associate of (ISC)² CISSP.
    Actually, your Security+ cert already waives one-year of required experience, so you are a bit closer than you think. ;)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Not to hijack this thread and take away from Core22's pass, but Chris:/* hope you are ok over there in Japan!

Thanks rwmidl,

We are good it was a BIG quake. Waiting for services to be reinstated, though our hearts are with those in Sendai.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology