Options

70-272 score 600

techpatrick82techpatrick82 Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
i took the 272 exam today and got rougly 600... where i went wrong was with permissions and setting up folders and such... i am giving my self a week and will retake since i have a free re-take.

so my question is - should i study and re-take 272 or
do you think 271 is any easier??

or do i just forget XP and study 7???

Comments

• Options
    manny355manny355 Member Posts: 134
    i could be wrong but I think they ms has retired and will be retiring...like in a few weeks the MCDST which 70-271 and 272 cover...if you just want the satisfaction of accomplishing the test then i'd say take it...but i'd move on to windows 7 version of the cert though.
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    in my opinion thats the hardest topic of the mcdst. both tests test you on shared permissions and ntfs permissions. so dont neglect it.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    in my opinion thats the hardest topic of the mcdst. both tests test you on shared permissions and ntfs permissions. so dont neglect it.

what MCDST exam are you starting with? 271 or 272 - and why
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    271. because thats where you learn the basics and how to configure. and light troubleshooting.

and i would think the 272 would be for heavy troubleshooting of that along with applications.

i dont think there should be an order though.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Options
    Armor149Armor149 Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would study and retake 272 since permissions is a fundamental Microsoft topic you need to learn weather you are study XP or 7. You have till the 30th of June, so I would study up and retake 272 and then 271. Most people find that 271 is the harder of the two.
  • Options
    thanks everyone for there wonderful words... i hear that alot of people dont fair well the first time - b/c they arent sure what to expect from a ms cert.

i am going to study more, and give my self like 3 weeks and then i will re-take..

thanks again to this form, you and proprofs i think are the best 2 sites for certs..
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would retake the exam
    Good luck on your next attempt!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63