taking 640-802 at 3 pm

blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the book camp in september, I have been studying every since on and off. I am studying with todd lammle sisth edition,cbt nuggets, and network simulator

I do not feel to confident with the command parts but I need to get a sense of how the exam is.

Ive had no issues passing a + and network + but studying for this exam has been quite harder compared to comptia

any tips or suggestions?

i feel comfortable with theory and subnetting, but I am really worried about commands, TOO MANY TO KNOW!!!!

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't really think that there's anything that I can tell you that'll help this close to the exam. You either know it or you don't at this point other than watch the demo and read the entire question.

Good luck!
  • blackberryblackberry Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    man o man, showed up at the exam site 15 minutes prior there were about 20 people waiting around.... I was told that I would not be able to take my exam at the scheduled time due to delays. I canceled and will take it in a few weeks.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

The exam blueprint(s) over on The Cisco Learning Website is your best clue what to expect on the exam. Taking the exam is probably the 2nd best way. :D

If this turns out to be a "practice test," don't forget to factor in "luck of the draw" of exam questions from the pool of questions. The questions you see on any one exam may give you the wrong impression that some topics may not be important -- and then you could get nailed by them next time. If you find you're weak in some areas you definitely will need to study those some more -- but you also need to review the sections you did good in so that you don't forget and lose those points next time.

Hands on lab practice is important to understanding what you are doing and why -- and that helps you remember the commands.

If following along with the configurations in your book(s) and doing the exercises isn't enough, there's of different CCNA Practice Lab workbooks listed here: **CCNA FAQ** - Please read before posting. There is also a sticky post in the CCNA forum: CCNA - Lab workbook.

And if your network simulator doesn't let you create your own topologies and do labs from other sources, you can get some FREE rack time on real hardware to do the labs over at The Packet Life Community Lab.

But hopefully you'll pass and won't need these links. :D

EDIT: Or maybe the test center will be backed up and you'll have to reschedule. icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    alright guys ive waited long enough taking the exam at 3pm today!! wish me luck
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • dandixdandix Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck, just remember subnet, subnet, subnet

And ask for a second writing pad, if they are not busy you can get one maybe. It was a big help to make a sub net **** sheet during the tutorial.
    blackberry wrote: »
    wish me luck
    Good Luck (this year) icon_thumright.gif
  • Greenmet29Greenmet29 Member Posts: 240
    Bring home a win!!!
  • AvidNetworkerAvidNetworker Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just try and relax, and tell yourself you will pass. Take your time, and read all the instructions, even if they seem simple or intuitive. It will give you time to relax.
  • jdfriesenjdfriesen Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! Read all the answers to every question, even after you think you know the right one, and be able to tell yourself why those other answers are wrong.
    failed miserably

723!!!!!!

I have a headache!icon_cry.gif
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You'll get it next time!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    blackberry wrote: »
    I need to get a sense of how the exam is.
    You accomplished your original goal.

Hit up your score report and compare it to the exam blueprint -- and use that to try and figure what you need to work on. But most of the time it will be subnetting skills and/or Lab Practice -- with just some additional reading and study to relearn things you forgot (or skipped over your first time through the books).
  • YahelYahel Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I guess you have missed some simulations there icon_sad.gif

better luck next time icon_wink.gif
    CCNA = Passed (01-02-2011)
    NEXT : CCNP ROUTE
    That sucks, but as another poster said, you did accomplish your goal. I am guessing you had some trouble with the labs, which is totally understandable. LIke I said before, I nearly got sunk by them too, I just happened to do awesome in everything else.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hang in there. You CAN do it!

If it were easy, everyone would have a CCNA, right? icon_wink.gif

Give yourself a breather to lick you wounds and then get right back on the saddle.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

You weren't that far off. You'll get it next time.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
    thank you everyone for the encouragement and kind words.

I have zero cli experience and just couldnt recall the right commands in the right situation.

I will give another shot maybe in a week or two.

Thanks again everybody!
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Sorry to hear that Blackberry,

That's not a bad score at all though, you've probably got the key concepts nailed. The CCNA is a high to mid level overview of many different topics and, as such, the individual commands can be hard to remember. Basically, lab it to death! for CCNA you'll get away with 2 cheap switches and routers running any 12.x IOS. I think even Packet tracer will support most of it. Practice configuring these things until you can do it off the top of your head.

One thing i like to try is setting myself a configuration objective and typing the config in notepad ie no TAB key - no '?' once you can do this, it's really sunk in

Also, if you can't pretty much subnet in your head (or at least on your fingersicon_wink.gif) then don't take the exam until you can!
    subnettingquestions.com - Free Subnetting Questions and Answers Randomly Generated Online has really good randomly generated questions - aim to have each one answered in 30 seconds - the patterns will start to form in your mind after doing this for like 30 mins a day for a week and you'll be a subnetting god.

keep at it though, you got too close to quit.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
    Good advice about subnetting. There is nothing on the CCNA regarding subnetting that you shouldn't be able to do in your head. If you find yourself having to work the subnetting problems on paper while you are studying, you probably haven't worked on your subnetting enough.
    time for the retake at 12 pm, I will report after.

last time i scored 736 and i couldnt configure two and a half of the sims.

I have concentrated on the weak areas according to my report.

please pray for me!!!!!
    Good luck on the exam!!!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • -DeXteR--DeXteR- Member Posts: 130
    Good luck this time around mateicon_thumright.gif
  • j-manj-man Member Posts: 143
    Hammer it home!

Good luck :)
    i was a little anxious so i arrived earlier to take the exam

I scored a 925

luckily enough I got the 3 types of sims that I missed. (I concentrated most on the 3 types of objectives)

I was a lot calmer, i understood how to manuever throughout the exam

all in all I took the boot camp, used the packet tracers etcc... todd lammle. cbt nuggests. took me 7 months today

thank you everyone for you support!!!

i want to get right into ccna security can anyone push me towards that direction in terms of a great book? i will research on what books are good but I have a hudge headache right now.
    i will also be setting up my own lab.
    I think this journey has been great because out of the network + and a+ this has been the hardest exam.

thanks everyone!
    Congratulations on the pass!!! By book camp, do you mean boot camp???
    Booya!!
    sorry, yes boot camp 5 day
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Congratulations!! It takes guts to fail and go back at it again, and it was worth it. You did it!
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • ccnahelpmeccnahelpme Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Nice one. Congratulations :)
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]