failed it.....

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I took it and failed it by 2 points. I felt really stupid for failing a test that requires at 5X% to pass. Now I have to see if I can actually retake the exam because of comptia's not so clear retake policy for my situation.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• eansdadeansdad Member Posts: 775 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why did you take the 2003 instead of the 2009? The 2003 has a lower cut off but is harder then the 2009.

You'll pass next time with out a problem.
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well, unless you are going to WGU, you'll probably take the 2003 again. I believe on the second attempt, you can take the exam immediately.

Still, I would suggest you take the 2009 exam. More questions, but very doable.

In about 16 days, the 2003 exam becomes no more. I believe the exam retires end of this month. Then folks have to take the 2009 (and they'll be better off, IMHO.)
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I took it and failed it by 2 points. I felt really stupid for failing a test that requires at 5X% to pass. Now I have to see if I can actually retake the exam because of comptia's not so clear retake policy for my situation.

It's not easy

It was by far and away the hardest Comptia exam I have ever taken.

It took me two times.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Hey thanks for the input.
    I've been studying for the 03 version for a while now. I'm having problems with the comptia policy for retaking the exam so I'll have to check it out. The questions were messed up!!! I got lost on a few of them and I ended up changing a few answers on atleast four questions.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • erpadminerpadmin Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hey thanks for the input.
    I've been studying for the 03 version for a while now. I'm having problems with the comptia policy for retaking the exam so I'll have to check it out. The questions were messed up!!! I got lost on a few of them and I ended up changing a few answers on atleast four questions.

Assuming the money isn't an issue, you can take the exam (2003) tomorrow if you want. You got until the end of the month though; see below:

CompTIA Project+
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]PK0-002 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]All [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]March 31, 2011 [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]PK0-003 [/FONT][/FONT]

http://www.comptia.org/Libraries/Certification_Documents/retirement_info.sflb.ashx
    In the event that you fail your first (1st) attempt to pass any CompTIA certification examination, CompTIA does not require any waiting period between the first (1st) and second (2nd) attempt to pass such examination. However, before your third (3rd) attempt or any subsequent attempt to pass such examination, you shall be required to wait for a period of at least fourteen (14) calendar days from the date of your last attempt to pass such examination.
    a. If a Candidate has passed an exam, he/she cannot take it again without prior consent from CompTIA.
    b. CompTIA beta examinations may only be taken one (1) time by each candidate.
    c. A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the CompTIA Certification Program.

CompTIA Certification Retake Policy
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    N2IT wrote: »
    It's not easy

It was by far and away the hardest Comptia exam I have ever taken.

It took me two times.

Same here, and the boring factor doesn't help... icon_sad.gif