Current Endorsement Wait Times - CISSP

pugsleyahpugsleyah Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I wanted to get a pulse for what people are experencing in regards to wait times from the "We recevied your endorsement docs..." to the "Your a CISSP" email.

I got the 1st email 2/11 and have not heard anything since and am just curious on how patient I should be (lol)

Thanks in advance

Pugsleyah

Comments

• ibcritnibcritn Member Posts: 340
    Sent Jan. 27 2011
    Received word of full endorsement March 3rd 2011

I had ISC2 endorse my experience, which is supposed to take longer.
    CISSP | GCIH | CEH | CNDA | LPT | ECSA | CCENT | MCTS | A+ | Net+ | Sec+

Next Up: Linux+/RHCSA, GCIA
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    pugsleyah wrote: »
    I got the 1st email 2/11 and have not heard anything since and am just curious on how patient I should be (lol)
    Were you having the (ISC)2 endorse you, or did you have your own endorser? Like ibcritn said, it takes longer if the (ISC)2 must do the vetting for your endorsement.
  • pugsleyahpugsleyah Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had a current CISSP (former co-worker) endorse my docs; Just worried about posting for slots and being delayed if I get snagged for an audit.

I'm finding out A LOT of HR people do not know what an Associate of (ISC)2 is or what it means.
    Just worried about posting for slots and being delayed if I get snagged for an audit.
    The endorsement process itself is an audit, so no worries. Email the (ISC)2 and ask how's it going (registrar@isc2.org). And have you been checking your spam folder?
    I'm finding out A LOT of HR people do not know what an Associate of (ISC)2 is or what it means.
    That's not surprising. Most certs are awarded after passing an exam(s). Having an additional vetting process is uncommon. I usually describe the Associate as an "interim" or "provisional" cert. It's also surprising how many employers only care that you pass the exam, but not have the full cert (a very bad thing, IMHO).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    My endorsement took 38 days. I had a co-worker endorse me.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
    JDMurray wrote: »
    The endorsement process itself is an audit, so no worries. Email the (ISC)2 and ask how's it going (registrar@isc2.org). And have you been checking your spam folder?

I get all the emails from (ISC)2 (even the ads) straight into my inbox; thanks for the email address / I'll follow-up with them if I don't hear anything by next week.
    That's not surprising. Most certs are awarded after passing an exam(s). Having an additional vetting process is uncommon. I usually describe the Associate as an "interim" or "provisional" cert. It's also surprising how many employers only care that you pass the exam, but not have the full cert (a very bad thing, IMHO).

I just want to be careful with anything I put on my resume connecting to this cert; I know (I've seen) others put "Assoc of (ISC)2 - Toward CISSP" but everything I've read says you cannot mention the exam / only the "Assoc of (ISC)2" on your resume - which makes sense.

I guess in the end - I need to find a stump and wait icon_wink.gif
    I get all the emails from (ISC)2 (even the ads) straight into my inbox.
    Don't assume all emails from the (ISC)2 will be recognized as not spam. You are only concerned with receiving one, very specific email from the (ISC)2, and you do not know the email address from which it may come.
    I just want to be careful with anything I put on my resume connecting to this cert; I know (I've seen) others put "Assoc of (ISC)2 - Toward CISSP" but everything I've read says you cannot mention the exam / only the "Assoc of (ISC)2" on your resume - which makes sense.
    The official title of the cert is "Associate of the (ISC)2," but I don't know of any rules forbidding mentioning on your resume which exam it was acquired by taking. Do you have a link to an official source of this information?
    Don't assume all emails from the (ISC)2 will be recognized as not spam. You are only concerned with receiving one, very specific email from the (ISC)2, and you do not know the email address from which it may come. ?

Understood; I got my email on Friday (37 days ttl) - Their assessment shows I only have 58/60 months needed. I found out you cannot have overlapping positions on your resume (even if they are both fulltime for different firms). So I have to wait until May and start all over again.

The official title of the cert is "Associate of the (ISC)2," but I don't know of any rules forbidding mentioning on your resume which exam it was acquired by taking. Do you have a link to an official source of this information?

I know I have seen this somewhere (via URL here or on (ISC)2's website) but of course, I can't find it now. Can you put "Associate of the (ISC)2 towards CISSP" on your resume? If not, how can you indicate the exam passed?

Thanks in advance for your input
    I would put, "Passed CISSP exam on MM/DD/YY; CISSP certification pending endorsement." That gets the all-important keywords "CISSP" and "Certification" on your resume for the bots to see, and doesn't make a promise as to when your cert will be finalized.
  • geek4godgeek4god Member Posts: 187
    I would put, "Passed CISSP exam on MM/DD/YY; CISSP certification pending endorsement." That gets the all-important keywords "CISSP" and "Certification" on your resume for the bots to see, and doesn't make a promise as to when your cert will be finalized.

As a side note since SSCP and CISSP both lead to the same title if you don't have the experience. Associate of (ISC)² Seems like there "should" be a way to indicate which (or even both) exam you passed.

Something like:
    Associate of (ISC)² SSCP exam
    Associate of (ISC)² CISSP exam

just my opinion..
    Whatever anyone does, do not leave an impression in your resume that you are certified when, in fact, you are only an Associate.
  • Shawnx86Shawnx86 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got the email from ISC2. I am now officially a CISSP.
    Exam date: Feb 13, 2011
    Exam notification: March 3, 2011 Pass
    Endorsement confirmation: March 9, 2011
    Endorsement success and CISSP Certification: April 4, 2011
    Congratulations!

Be sure to post when you get your cert in the mail. icon_wink.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sent in my endorsement package, endorsed by a co-worker, on Feb 18th. Received my "Congrats!" email on March 25th.

:)
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • blackholeblackhole Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    how long it takes to get endorsement received confirmation from the day it faxed to them ?
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    blackhole wrote: »
    how long it takes to get endorsement received confirmation from the day it faxed to them ?

My endorser CC'd me yesterday afternoon when he sent in my stuff. This morning I received the confirmation that information was received, but something was missing from the endorsement form. So acknowledgement was less than a day counting time after COB in Easter Standard time.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • Shawnx86Shawnx86 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

Be sure to post when you get your cert in the mail. icon_wink.gif

Received my card in the mail today.
    Exam date: Feb 13, 2011
    Exam notification: March 3, 2011 Pass
    Endorsement confirmation: March 9, 2011
    Endorsement success and CISSP Certification: April 4, 2011
    Cert received via snail mail: April, 27, 2011

Wow, that was really a quick turn around. Less than 3 months from exam to certificate suitable for framing.
    Nice! Put it up on the wall in your office/cube facing your doorway.

Did you keep your exam pencil? I have mine stuck to my cert's frame.
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice! Put it up on the wall in your office/cube facing your doorway.

Did you keep your exam pencil? I have mine stuck to my cert's frame.

Dang it I didn't get/keep my pencil!!!!!! icon_twisted.gif
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    in my case they never allowed us to take one with you.
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You don't know how to thieve a pencil? LOL

I got my CISA exam ticket yesterday - over $500 for the exam and they are too cheap to spring for a couple of #2's - you have to bring your own pencils.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Dang it I didn't get/keep my pencil!!!!!! icon_twisted.gif

For some reason I have 3 pencils at my desk but I only took 2 exams.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
    azjag wrote: »
    For some reason I have 3 pencils at my desk but I only took 2 exams.

If I decide I'm crazy and at some point take the SSCP then I'll have to remember to keep a pencil!
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
    Yeah, the proctors at my exam were STRICT! I wasn't the last one out of the testing room, but there was only like 30 minutes left...the head proctor was counting the pencils, LOL.
    Just as fyi, it took 1 day over 3 weeks from getting the "we received your endorsement docs" email to the "congrats" email.
    FYI :

April 7 : [FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]This email confirms that (ISC)² has received your endorsement documentation and placed it in queue to be reviewed.

May 03 :
    [/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial]This email confirms that (ISC)² has received your endorsement documentation and placed it in queue to be reviewed.

Time Elapsed : 27 days 19 Working Days
    [/FONT]
    rwmidl wrote: »
    Just as fyi, it took 1 day over 3 weeks from getting the "we received your endorsement docs" email to the "congrats" email.

NICE! I still haven't received any emails from ISC2 after my endorsement doc confirmation...except for the marketing ones of course
    finally received my "second" congrats email today.

Received endorsement docs email: 7 April
    Congrats Email: 4 May