Linux cert help

youssefka007youssefka007 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi sirs

i'm newer here , Linux world.
Would like advice to know the best advice to learn Linux.
My objective RHCT and RHCE .

Is testout xk0-002 a good material ?
Do you know some good reference ?

Thx in advance
Youssef

Comments

• KfergKferg Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,

I am doing the same as you. I have a little Linux expierence and i am studying for the RHSCA which has replaced the RHCT. All i can say is if your not working with it currently there is a big curve but there are tons of information in the documentation from redhat. Check out the different guides they have and just try be as diligent as you can be with it.
    Sometimes we sit and try to pretend we are happy with what we are doing. Open your eyes and do what you feel will make you happy!
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    Hi sirs

i'm newer here , Linux world.
    Would like advice to know the best advice to learn Linux.
    My objective RHCT and RHCE .

Is testout xk0-002 a good material ?
    Do you know some good reference ?

Thx in advance
    Youssef

Hi, what's your background/experience ?

Best way is to install RedHat on VMware, and practice all the topics.

If you are new to Linux, I recommend you start with CompTIA Linux+. It's better to shoot for RHCE after you have some hands on experience with Linux. Hands-on experience is the key here, forget about practice questions, RHCE/RHCSA is a lab-based exam, so practice questions are not helpful at all.

Welcome to TE icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• youssefka007youssefka007 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

Thx for the answers , there is a huge information about Linux on internet but it's leting me fool, about what to read.

Ok i'll begin studies on comptia linux+ ; could you advise me about a good material.? i've already installed RDht 6 en a vmware machine and discovered the environnement.

i got from a friend a dvd , it's Testout training linux+ , the name of exam was xk0-002; also vtc and some other stuff. could you guide me please to have a good materiel.

is it a good stuff : RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide (Exam RH302)
    Youssef
    I'm not really familiar with Linux+ best books, you can search the Linux+ sub-forum here. I once read the Sybex book for Linux+ and it was good, but I'm sure there might better books there.

For RHCE, Michael Jang book is good, but that was for RHCE 5, not sure if there's any book for RHCE 6, but better you focus on Linux+ for now.
    Hi

Thx for the answers , there is a huge information about Linux on internet but it's leting me fool, about what to read.

Ok i'll begin studies on comptia linux+ ; could you advise me about a good material.? i've already installed RDht 6 en a vmware machine and discovered the environnement.

i got from a friend a dvd , it's Testout training linux+ , the name of exam was xk0-002; also vtc and some other stuff. could you guide me please to have a good materiel.

is it a good stuff : RHCE Red Hat Certified Engineer Linux Study Guide (Exam RH302)
    Youssef

• Linux00800Linux00800 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I'm not really familiar with Linux+ best books, you can search the Linux+ sub-forum here. I once read the Sybex book for Linux+ and it was good, but I'm sure there might better books there.

For RHCE, Michael Jang book is good, but that was for RHCE 5, not sure if there's any book for RHCE 6, but better you focus on Linux+ for now.

Michael Jang RHCE 6th edition is set to come out this summer. There's another book called "Hands-on Guide to the Red Hat® Exams: RHCSA™ and RHCE® Cert Guide and Lab Manual"- by DamianTommasino, Which comes out in May, I'm reading this one now on Safaribooksonline. icon_study.gif
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Hey buddy,

Start by just switching! Snag a computer and install Ubuntu. Just live it for about three months. I would also recommend getting some perspective on the community. There is an old movie you should get from Netflix. "Revolution OS" it's all about linux.

From there, just follow along with some training videos for Linux+ then follow along through a book. Maybe have a personal challenge to do a "post a day" for 90 days trying to help people over at Ubuntu forums.

Finally comes back and work through your book again, this time with flash cards and do some Q&A.

pretty much how I got into Linux. Oh, you might also wan to learn the basics of programming if you don't already know a little.
    -Daniel
    Daniel333 wrote: »

There is an old movie you should get from Netflix. "Revolution OS" it's all about linux...

I never heard of this movie before, thanks for the recommendation :D

+rep!