PrepLogic

So, Preplogic sent out an email for a promotional free 30 training period, for certain people, based on an inflammatory email they sent out the other day. Has anyone else gotten the emails?

I registered, paid the $1, and have started downloading material. Seems to good to be true. The guidelines seem to be a minimum of 10 minutes a day and if not satisfied, you need to cancel the account before the 30 day trial period.

I read the license agreement and the courses offered are the total library from the My Training" page. I am downloading the material to my laptop, those "options" are available after I created my account. What is the catch? Doing it this way, as reading the email from them, it is a way to do damage control.

Portion of the email....

"Still not sure? We're willing to prove it to you. Try our training for a full 30 days for just $1. You would have full, unrestricted access to any course you want - CCNA, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, A+, CISSP, PMP… the list goes on. Use it. Experience it. Learn from it. It's yours for a month. If you like the training, you'll be billed monthly for the next 12 or 24 months (depending on what program you choose). If you use our training and you don't like it, you can cancel during the first 30 days and not pay anything more. If you're serious about getting certified or advancing your career, we know we can help. And we're willing to prove it to you. "

At this rate, in theory, I can download ALL the available training that they are offereing via the "my training" page, which is a crap load. I am very thankful, if there are no strings attached, but at the same time weary as I don't want them coming back trying to charge me for something that I downloaded during this trial period.

Comments?
-WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

WGU: BS in IT, Design/Management

Finish MCITP:EA, CCNA, PMP by end of 2012

After that, take a much needed vacation!!!!!

Comments

• certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    motogpman wrote: »
    So, Preplogic sent out an email for a promotional free 30 training period, for certain people, based on an inflammatory email they sent out the other day. Has anyone else gotten the emails?

I registered, paid the $1, and have started downloading material. Seems to good to be true. The guidelines seem to be a minimum of 10 minutes a day and if not satisfied, you need to cancel the account before the 30 day trial period.

I read the license agreement and the courses offered are the total library from the My Training" page. I am downloading the material to my laptop, those "options" are available after I created my account. What is the catch? Doing it this way, as reading the email from them, it is a way to do damage control.

At this rate, in theory, I can download ALL the available training that they are offereing via the "my training" page, which is a crap load. I am very thankful, if there are no strings attached, but at the same time weary as I don't want them coming back trying to charge me for something that I downloaded during this trial period.

Comments?

I got the email too. Seems to me that was an NLP type newsletter and sent intentionally. They sent an apology email next day.

For many folks it is not the access to material or motivation but time or lack of it.

Most of their emails go to my spam folder though. icon_smile.gif

Can you download all the CBTs or videos as well? Would they work after you unsubscribe?
  • motogpmanmotogpman Member Posts: 412
    PrepLogic just called me, everything is available for 30 day trial. After that period, if you decide to cancel, then the only thing that won't be available is the online video and practice tests. Everything else you own, per the nice lady there. So that means no stamps or codes on the downloaded .pdfs or audio.

That's all I need to hear. This is a sweet deal IMO.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

• DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Careful with preplogic. Somehow I gave them my number once and received a phone call every day at 2:00 from Donnie.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
    I have heard of some horror stories. This is my 3rd purchase thorugh them and haven't ahd any issues. Do you have a sexy voice or something Devil!? J/K. Maybe they like to hear your voice, ya never know. I know that the lady calling from Prep can call me anytime, real sweetheart.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

• SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    May want to check the price of the unlimited access after the 30 days.. More specifically the total cost of the access and what they will charge on a monthly basis..
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
    I did, it's almost $3k. Apparently there are only 3 "swaps" every 60 days, which are the complete training modules. If that is the case, their unlimited offer to all material for the trial period maybe a little off base. I'll report back.
    -WIP- (70-294 and 297)

Once MCSE 2k3 completed:

• jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If it's too good to be true - it normally is icon_wink.gif read the small prints, and the prints even smaller than that - even the prints you can't see that small :p
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am not touching PrepLogic again. It's all right unless you actually have a problem... they do not have any human beings that work in customer service.

I've only bought the $1 mega guides and stuff like that from them... years ago. I also got the inflammatory email from them.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    preplogic training videos are cool. anyone have experience with those?
    I think they bought out Turbocerts. and are using their CBT's rebranded.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Preplogic is the worst about "keeping in touch" with you! I eventually set my Google Voice account to say it was disconnected when they called.
  • LuckyGreenFrogLuckyGreenFrog Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    They have a team that does a good job with "keeping in touch".

Be Overcareful with giving these guys your number.
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Give them a fake number, or better still, the number of your local coffee shop or something (the one you hate obviously)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    Has anyone taken up on their latest offer of $10 for practice test? If you did, are they any good? I am interested in MS 70-640, 70-642, 70-646, 70-680. Looking for feedback before purchasing.
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    They are okayish only. But you cant expect too much more than that for $10. Just dont use them as your primary source of preparation. Be prepared for the subsequent sales pitches they fling at ya!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Essendon wrote: »
    They are okayish only. But you cant expect too much more than that for $10. Just dont use them as your primary source of preparation. Be prepared for the subsequent sales pitches they fling at ya!

I consider Preplogic as the infomercials of IT certification training

This is an Example :

You get the CBT video and the audio training for $300.00.

WAIT!!!!!!!! There is more if you act now for only dollar more you can get our mega guide, practice exam, and audio training for only one dollar more.

If you use our training you can burn your IT books.

Call us in the next 20 minutes blah blah blah

I wonder if any member of their staff is even certified?

I have talked to them on the phone before and I consider most of their sales people to be rude.

I think they should take customer service lessons from Lab Sim and TrainSignal. Both of these companies offer great customer service and outstanding training material.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hello, I am new to the forum and I'm catching up with some reading here.

What do you think about this deal from Preplogic:

Introductory Offer: $795
    Complete MCITP Cloud Classroom: SAVE $200 TODAY! Get All 6 MCITP Courses.

It seems like it could be a good deal?