what is the best way to study for the A+ exam

andyjudd1andyjudd1 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everyone im a newbie to IT and i am currently studying the A+ and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for studying the A+.

Comments

• bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    The general consensus around here is that most people will do fine using Professor Messer's videos and the Mike Meyers book (make sure you get the one for the 2009 objectives, and not the older one). I personally like both of those methods. I have the Sybex A+ book as well, and it is a great guide (if not a bit wordy). Another thing that may help is the ExamCram A+ book; there are mini-tests at the end of each chapter, and a couple of full practice tests in the back. Good luck to you!
  • bludwyzerbludwyzer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just passed with 829/807 and all i did was watch professor messer and took practice tests.I tried reading sybex study guide but got bored to death after 4 chapters.
  • andyjudd1andyjudd1 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thank you for the advice guys its pretty tuff at the moment because im doing the corse with out actually fixing or messing about with a pc.
  • Z3rothZ3roth Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi everyone

I am about to take my A+ exam... and I really need videos. Is there any site where i can download the videos for free?

Help please...
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Z3roth wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I am about to take my A+ exam... and I really need videos. Is there any site where i can download the videos for free?

Help please...
    Welcome to TE

Professor Messer's Free 220-70x CompTIA A+ Training Course | Professor Messer - CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, Certification Training
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • DeathgomperDeathgomper Member Posts: 356 ■■■□□□□□□□
    andyjudd1 wrote: »
    hi everyone im a newbie to IT and i am currently studying the A+ and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice for studying the A+.

Everyone learns differently, in my case I read Meyers book from begining to end, highlighted the concepts I didn't already know, and made flash cards on the technical term / number stuff like IRQ #'s.
  • RPMar52RPMar52 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    andyjudd1 wrote: »

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the '09 Myers All in One book and Professor Messer dream team combo.

Also...if you have the hardware, download some free virtualization software and play around with the different versions of Windows you're expected to know. I don't think you need to shell out for Windows 7, it's similar enough to Vista that if you know Vista you know enough about Win 7 for the purposes of the exam.

Good luck and welcome to TE!
    Studying for: Linux+; C|EH