Options

CISSP test results within 10 days!

wolf99wolf99 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

because I used the information from this forum before, I wanted to let you know that I just received a 'pass' after taking the test on 3/5 in L.A. So, actually 11 days, I guess .... Was expecting to wait longer.

I spend roughly 1 month in preparation, CISSP for dummies and the Sans course as main learning papers plus countless online tests.

Wolf

Comments

• Options
    Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Congrats on the pass. How long have you been in the Information Security field?
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • Options
    15+ years in IT and last 6 years in security, doing mainly PCI, SOX and SAS70, so I have to say I was familiar with at least the basics of all domains.
  • Options
    mezekermezeker Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey Wolf, is your first name David?
    Is this the wolf I know from Gerson Lehrman Group, Gerson Lehrman Group - The Expert Network

This is Daniel by the way.
    MCP, MCDST, MCTS: Vista, MCAS: Outlook 2007, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Strata IT Fundamentals, ITIL v3, ISFS Information Security Foundation based on ISO/IEC 27002 Certified

"You must not only test whether an application
    does what it is supposed to do, but also whether it does not do what it should not do."
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    pugsleyahpugsleyah Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! My results were back in 11 days and everyone around me was telling me the wait could reach 6wks+
  • Options
    mezeker wrote: »
    Hey Wolf, is your first name David?
    Is this the wolf I know from Gerson Lehrman Group, Gerson Lehrman Group - The Expert Network

This is Daniel by the way.

Hi Daniel, nope, different wolf! But pleased to meet you either way :) Wolf thanks for the good wishes. Yeah, I was told anything from 3 weeks to 2 months. I guess, it very much depends how much is going on in general and in which location you are.
  • Options
    holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    my co-worker just told me a rumor that the one's who get notified earlier most likely pass, the longer the wait means a fail! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    my co-worker just told me a rumor that the one's who get notified earlier most likely pass, the longer the wait means a fail! lol

I'm not buying it either. I believe the time it takes to get results depends more on the number of exams that need to be graded. The more exams would equal the longer it takes (inverse being the less exams the less time it takes).
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    PS - congrats to Wolf on your pass! icon_thumright.gif
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif

And that is an uncommonly short notification wait. I've noticed that the average exam results wait time seems to be shortening.
  • Options
    agrecojragrecojr Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am going to start another thread regarding my testing prep but to confirm I also sat for the LA 3/5 exam and received my results yesterday afternoon 3/16.
  • Options
    MrsNikyMrsNiky Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Greetings,

I sat for the exam on 26 Mar in VA. I passed! I received my results at 11 am today. I was sure that I had failed. During my days of refreshing my email and pouring over the ISC2 site while waiting for my results I stumbled across an explanation for how exams are graded. Unfortunately, I am not able to find it again. In a nutshell, the website explained that exams are bundled into sets before they are graded. Once they finish reviewing and grading the bundle, the results are sent out. So, the wait depends on whether you are at the very beginning or very end of this process. I will continue to dig to find the information that I read. It will save others the unnecessary stress. I have been refreshing my email since day 5. Anyway...on to the endorsement process.....Thank God