Phoenix, AZ Testing Centers

sschmidlapsschmidlap Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone, particularly those in the Phoenix area. I would like to get your feedback, opinion and suggestions regarding testing centers here in Phoenix. I am actually scheduled to take the 70-284 tomorrow at B and B Evaluation Services. I have never been there. I have never been to any testing centers in Phoenix other than the one at school I used back in 2009. Of course, it's too late to change centers as I need to take the exam ASAP with it being retired the end of this month. On top of that, this place was the only one that had the exam available on Saturday which is imperative with my work schedule. Anyway, just curious if any of you have been to B and B and can tell me what to expect as far as the level of professionalism, courtesy and such from the staff. Also curious about noise levels and such. Thank you.

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    No one I know has taken anything at that site so far. I've been doing my recent exams at Dynamic WorldWide and it has been a pretty good place. Good environment, noise isn't too bad, and the staff is professional. I've heard bad things about the CamelBack Rd. testing center as my boss had a horrible time there when he tried to do the Windows 7 exam. He likes the New Horizons location in Scottsdale.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • sschmidlapsschmidlap Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thank you very much for your feedback. I just have this gut instinct feeling based on the location that B and B isn't the best place to take an exam. I will post back with a review of the place. At least I know now from you to avoid the Camelback location. Funny that you mention New Herizons. That was my first pick and the only that stood out to me as a good choice. This is the first time I have scheduled an exam through Prometric, and I was shocked to see how many days were completely blacked out at all these locations. Are there really that many people taking exams all over the city every day of the week? I guess so. I dunno how it works. Just glad to sneak this exam in before it retires.
    I have nothing but good things to say about B and B. I would highly recommend the location at least on a Saturday with no traffic. It's centrally located 40th St and Broadway. My commute was 40 miles one way from Anthem, but I made it in about 40 minutes. It was very quiet and very professional. He let me start my test immediately as I arrived 30 minutes early. He had me set up and ready to go in about 2-3 minutes. I will go there again.
  • themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Great review. Just had to chime in and ask how you like Anthem. I lived there for a year and the place just gave me the creeps. It seemed like the whole place closed at 7pm and it was a ghost town. Plus the HOA was way over the board.
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
    Well, Anthem doesn't exactly give me the creeps BUT... I don't particularly like it myself. I rent so I don't have to deal with the HOA but I bet they are major **** retentive snobby busy bodies with too much time on their hands. The place definitely closes down around 7-8pm and becomes a ghost town. Then everybody is already dressed to the nines halfway into their 5 miles bike/run at 7 AM. I dodge them everyday on the way to work. The people do seem kind of nutty. Anthem is the LAST place I think you want to be if a you are a younger single dude like me who would like to find a girlfriend someday. And it's so damn far from EVERYTHING! I definitely want to move as soon as it's more feasible for me.