Best book for route?

JZegersJZegers Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
What is the best book to study for the ROUTE test with? The official route cert guide by Odom?

Planning to use GNS3 to sim for the route exam

Comments

• Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    CCNP Route Foundation Guide is the best book I know of. I have both the study guide and this set and they are well worth it. It goes well in depth on the topics and gives some good examples.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I find this to be a great book.

Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) Foundation Learning Guide: Foundation learning for the ROUTE 642-902 Exam

Very in-depth and not padded with "life stories" and such.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    You beat me to it, Panzer
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Monkerz wrote: »
    You beat me to it, Panzer
    icon_cool.gif

I met someone recently who had passed their CCIE written a few years ago but didn't get the lab done in time. He's going back now to do his NP (he skipped the NP before), and he told me that the foundation books go deeper into the technologies than the IE materials did.
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The OCG for ROUTE is good. I won't recommend OCG for SWITCH nor TSHOOT though. But i felt prepared enough with the ROUTE book!
    Kudos to W.Odom
  • billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    The Foundation Learning guide is very good, so is the old Cisco Press BSCI book for most of the subjects. I'd give the certification guide a miss, there are quite a few mistakes in it.