70-685 Passed Today!

AshK86AshK86 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Passed 70-685 today which, I have to say, I found to be a tough one. Going to start work on the 70-680 to attain the full Enterprise Desktop Support Technician certification although I think having done 70-685 first will make it far easier.

I used the Self-Paced Training Kit by Tony Northrup which I thought was brilliant preparation for the exam. You do need to have a lot of hands-on experience as well though. Just reading the book simply isn't enough icon_wink.gif

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Welcome to the forum and congrats on your pass! Good luck on the 680. It helps to have a book for the 686 to supplement for the 680 exam. I used Darril's book.
  • arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't realize you could skip 680 and do the 685 first. Unless, you studied for both and just decided to take that exam first?

Regardless, congrats mate!
  • AshK86AshK86 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    arield wrote: »
    I didn't realize you could skip 680 and do the 685 first. Unless, you studied for both and just decided to take that exam first?

Regardless, congrats mate!

I also thought that to be the case and the MS website does list 70-680 as a pre-req for 70-685 which, I was quite concerned about when I found out the company I work for was putting me on the course. But, studied for it and passed without having done the 70-680 with no problems or any red tape etc...
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can a lot of the MS exams in whatever order you want. I have seen several people do the MCSE in various orders. I went and did the MCDST after doing the MCSE, just for kicks. Most of the material builds on itself, so I wouldn't do the 647 exam for the MCITP exam first.
  • arieldarield Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I gotcha. Learning tons on this website. I hope to be as happy as the OP very soon. Congrats again!
  • altjxaltjx Member Posts: 194
    congrats!
    CompTIA: A+, Security+, Network+
    Microsoft: MCTS: Windows 7, Configuring, MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Applications Infrastructure, Configuring
    Cisco: CCENT, CCNA
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass and welcome to the forums!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63