These job perks sound NICE

shamelessshameless Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Saw this over on craigslist. ZocDoc - Director of IT, design our network from scratch!

We're looking for a fanatical Director of IT to join our fun team, build out our network and design the infrastructure that can handle twice the employees every 3 months. We need someone who can manage and mentor a team, design our network, own it , execute it tomorrow, and make sure it runs flawlessly.

ZocDoc is the startup you want to work at – free lunch + soda, healthcare, fast machines, karaoke, counter strike lan parties and a razor sharp focus on making a difference, not office face time or stuffy work clothes.
Its official too – Crain’s recently named us ‘the best place to work in NYC’.

If you're smart and get things done, can design the network that handles serious growth and want to work on a project that helps thousands of people every day, then this gig is for you!
At ZocDoc you get:
- real design challenges and a network ready to be molded - a top of the line 3 screen setup - daily catered lunches and free reign over our stocked fridge - flexible hours and a jeans-only dress code - a great salary - stock options - PPO health insurance (100% employer covered) - relocation costs fully covered
In your cover letter, tell us how your would prepare a hundred new employee laptops each week.

Change healthcare with us and make a huge difference.
craigslistPostDevSetup.jpg
Who could say no to free food?

Comments

• VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    Love the lebowski mural, that might sell me
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    for some reason theyve been looking for someone for the past month already. im surprised that they never found anyone.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Been there done that and there's no such thing as a free lunch. Free meals and all the Coke you can drink results in poor wages. I'd rather be paid properly and just bring in my sandwiches.

And The Dude on the wall presents more like an illusion of a 'fun' work environment. I like the 3x portrait screens though.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    believe it or not, I'd have a problem with the jeans only dress code! When I was no longer forced to wear nice clothes all the time, I found that once I could afford to, I actually enjoy it. It's hard to tell who loves me more, amazon or men's wearhouse
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I wonder if you come in wearing a pair of slacks or something they send you home to change? icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    Probably fire you because you weren't a good fit for their corporate culture :)
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    yeah, jeans only sounds lame to me... and the concept of free lunch does sound appealing, but you have to think that money is coming out of your pay somehow
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    Hypntick wrote: »
    I wonder if you come in wearing a pair of slacks or something they send you home to change? icon_lol.gif

Or no shirt, for that matter.

They really REALLY shouldn't say "jeans-only".

Seriously though - The monster setup isn't that monster. I've got 3 23"s and a 17". icon_cool.gif
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    #PH - ZocDoc - Best Places to Work 2010 | Crain's New York Business

Veggies and downtime for health’s sake

A deep-rooted commitment to promoting healthy lifestyles—through food, downtime activities and generous benefits—lifts ZocDoc to the top of Best Places to Work in New York City.
    ZocDoc Chief Executive Cyrus Massoumi says a health-conscious office environment dovetails with the firm’s focus on health care. The three-year-old company operates an online service that helps people locate and make appointments with doctors in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. “Our business is making health care more accessible,” says Mr. Massoumi.
    That mission translates into benefits and perks that make healthy living second nature for employees, while not draining their wallets. ZocDoc foots the entire tab for family-plan medical benefits, including dental; it has also negotiated discounted gym memberships. In addition, the firm picks up the bill for employees’ daily lunches—typical menus feature vegetable stir-fry, wheat pasta and vegan platters—and makes fresh fruit available throughout the workday.
    At ZocDoc, wellness also means finding time to take work breaks in order to re-energize. Within its 12,000-square-foot SoHo headquarters, 800 square feet are designated for unwinding, with plush couches for relaxing and yoga balls for de-stressing, regardless of the hour. Employees also play video game Rock Band at the office, and every week winds down with a Friday Happy Hour, fueled by wine and beer along with veggies and humus.
    “I have lots of friends in Manhattan, but I don’t know anyone who works for a company like this,” says Operations Associate Cheryl Johnson, who joined the company six months ago.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SteveLord wrote: »
    #PH - ZocDoc - Best Places to Work 2010 | Crain's New York Business

Veggies and downtime for health’s sake

A deep-rooted commitment to promoting healthy lifestyles—through food, downtime activities and generous benefits—lifts ZocDoc to the top of Best Places to Work in New York City.
    ZocDoc Chief Executive Cyrus Massoumi says a health-conscious office environment dovetails with the firm’s focus on health care. The three-year-old company operates an online service that helps people locate and make appointments with doctors in New York, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington, D.C. “Our business is making health care more accessible,” says Mr. Massoumi.
    That mission translates into benefits and perks that make healthy living second nature for employees, while not draining their wallets. ZocDoc foots the entire tab for family-plan medical benefits, including dental; it has also negotiated discounted gym memberships. In addition, the firm picks up the bill for employees’ daily lunches—typical menus feature vegetable stir-fry, wheat pasta and vegan platters—and makes fresh fruit available throughout the workday.
    At ZocDoc, wellness also means finding time to take work breaks in order to re-energize. Within its 12,000-square-foot SoHo headquarters, 800 square feet are designated for unwinding, with plush couches for relaxing and yoga balls for de-stressing, regardless of the hour. Employees also play video game Rock Band at the office, and every week winds down with a Friday Happy Hour, fueled by wine and beer along with veggies and humus.
    “I have lots of friends in Manhattan, but I don’t know anyone who works for a company like this,” says Operations Associate Cheryl Johnson, who joined the company six months ago.

Yeah I don't think I could work there. The second I brought out a bacon cheeseburger they'd crucify me. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I don't mean to bump a slightly aged thread but I just wanted to say that this (monitor)setup is nicer than the above: YouTube - AMD Radeon HD 6990 5x1 Eyefinity Ultimate Widescreen Gaming System NCIX Tech Tips
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • wootwoot Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    wow sounds like a great place