Options

Study habits

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
Just curious on what others see as the best way to study? Times to study?

Right now I have been coming home at night and putting a few hours in, then on the weekends I get up and study during the day so I can have the night available.

I've tried to put an hour in the morning but can't get myself out of bed.

I try not to take to large of a time between sessions. Went to Mardi gras and it was more than a week before I hit the books.

Right now I going through CBT nuggets and reading the Sybex books for CCNA. When I take a break I come on TE and read various posts.
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• Options
    stuh84stuh84 Member Posts: 503
    It's an individual thing, sometimes you dont really get to choose when you can do it.

I try not to leave too long between study sessions, but sometimes life gets in the way. Its easy enough to pick it up back again though I find.

I tend to do the nights when I feel like information will go in (some nights I know theres no point even trying) and then weekends when I'm free.
    Work In Progress: CCIE R&S Written

CCIE Progress - Hours reading - 15, hours labbing - 1
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Just curious on what others see as the best way to study? Times to study?

Right now I have been coming home at night and putting a few hours in, then on the weekends I get up and study during the day so I can have the night available.

I've tried to put an hour in the morning but can't get myself out of bed.

I try not to take to large of a time between sessions. Went to Mardi gras and it was more than a week before I hit the books.

Right now I going through CBT nuggets and reading the Sybex books for CCNA. When I take a break I come on TE and read various posts.

Sounds fine to me. I wouldn't worry about taking several days off in a row.

How was Mardi Gras?
  • Options
    earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've found a perfectly quiet environment is best for me. As to taking time off and starting back sometimes it helps.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Options
    odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Mardi Gras was great. I find myself jumping between resources midway. I get tired of watching the videos so I'll jump over to the Sybex book and read a chapter. So far I have not gotten confused. Since I started the book late it seems to refresh my mind about earlier topics.

I hope to be ready in the next 8 weeks. This weekend was pretty much all studying.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • Options
    RonHammerRonHammer Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I try to study as much I can when the time is available.

I think the key is to develop a way to learn quickly and efficiently. Often, there is a way to speed up the process, or be more efficient.

if you don't, it can take foreevvvvveeeeeerrrr! :P
  • Options
    jtoastjtoast Member Posts: 226
    I generally look at my calendar and schedule the test about 2 months out before I really start studying. Once I've done that I generally read through the material 30-45 minutes a night, once or twice a week and gradually increase the frequency and duration as I get closer to the test. If it turns out I don't feel that I'm prepared, I push the exam back another week.

Having a hard deadline forces me to make studying a priority. Without an upcoming exam scheduled I rarely seem to be able to bump studying to the top of my list.