Robert half... so far their reputation is being held up.

VerrucktVerruckt Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
Unbelievable how unprofessional... and I haven't even started the interview yet.

Comments

• sambuca69sambuca69 Member Posts: 262
    OK, um.. what is their reputation? I must have missed something.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    when i was job searching i told them i am looking for a network position , dealing with only network equipment.

They kept on coming back with offers of all around server and network support positions. That is my experience with them.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Verruckt wrote: »
    Unbelievable how unprofessional... and I haven't even started the interview yet.
    Can you be more specific?

Did you show up for an interview and find no one was there? The interview was canceled? The job was already filled and they forgot to call and cancel an interview?

Or did you respond to a job posting along with 500+ other people and they haven't called you?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • VerrucktVerruckt Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just the things the receptionists talk about.. candidates etc.

Switching up the jobs etc... we will see how it works out. I've just heard lots of bad things about them and have seen quite a few similarities.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I got my last gig via RHT. Thought they were excellent. No problems at all.
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    They tried to get me a job an hour away, when I specifically said I wouldn't travel that far. And even when I said no, they tried to persuade me again with it. Another job they stuck me with was a contract job for the state, but it was more receptionist than it was IT. I purposefully sent that interview southward when I found out.

Then I couldnt get ahold of my rep one day. The next day she said he was out sick. Too bad I had seen her at the mall shopping instead.

Headhunter firms. Take them with a grain of salt....especially the largest one.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    SteveLord wrote: »
    Headhunter firms. Take them with a grain of salt....especially the largest one.

Yep. Anything big is going to have some issues. Look at Microsoft :)
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • thenjdukethenjduke Member Posts: 894 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have never had problems with them. I gotten alot of my jobs from them.
    CCNA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCDST, MCITP Enterprise Administrator, Working towards Networking BS. CCNP is Next.
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Can you be more specific?

Did you show up for an interview and find no one was there? The interview was canceled? The job was already filled and they forgot to call and cancel an interview?

Or did you respond to a job posting along with 500+ other people and they haven't called you?

It's a rant. I wouldn't expect more information from the poster. Robert Half are an agency right? They don't give a crap about individuals generally. That's life.
  • certhelpcerthelp Member Posts: 191
    Just the things the receptionists talk about.. candidates etc.

Switching up the jobs etc... we will see how it works out. I've just heard lots of bad things about them and have seen quite a few similarities.

Is the full name Robert Half-Brain? icon_smile.gif
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have done a few interviews at their different offices in San Jose and San Francisco but nothing worthwhile came out of it.
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I have yet to be placed in anything by them, but they have called me with about 15 jobs over the past month. You just need to follow up with them regularly.
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Always keep in mind when working with ANY recruiter, that they are working for the company seeking the employee and not you. icon_smile.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

chrisone wrote: »
    when i was job searching i told them i am looking for a network position , dealing with only network equipment.

They kept on coming back with offers of all around server and network support positions. That is my experience with them.

That's every recruiting agency; they're all the same. Some recruiters will be helpful but most will either flood you with inappropriate jobs or never contact you about anything. I don't think any one of them is better than the rest. Not sure what the OP is on about but just do what you have to do to get the job, even play the games. That's what I've been doing for the past month.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□

I have had nothing but good experiences with the recruiters from Robert Half.

I think working with recruiters is like using weight loss products; because almost all weight loss products have in small print a saying that states “individual results may vary.”

Also, just like police officers there are good cops and they’re bad cops.

There are good recruiters and then there are bad ones.

3 great articles on recruiters

5 Things Job Seekers Must Know About Recruiters

7 Things You Need to Know About Recruiters | AustinPost.org

Minnesota Headhunter: 10 Things You Should Know About When Working With An Agency Recruiter

I think the last one was very interesting.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think this comes down to an individuals experience with a particular contracting agency.

I had one from Robert Half call me up and never call me back, however I had this happen with dozens of agencies.

This is just the nature of their business.
  • HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'll agree that it doesn't matter what agency you go with, your experiences can be night and day.

One of the last jobs I worked I tried to go through RHI to get, never heard back, so I go to Teksystems, within a week i've got the job. When that position ended I called Tek back up to try and get something, never had a follow-up or anything from them.

So I call RHI, even though they were unable to place me anywhere my recruiter kept in touch weekly via call and email to let me know how things were. I ended up being placed by a third group who called me out of the blue one day.

Your mileage may vary is about the most appropriate statement I can use for recruiters. Really the best you can hope for is by spreading your resume to all of them and try and keep on top of them if you can. Try to get a weekly email going or even a phone call. If you don't feel your particular recruiter is doing enough to help, call management there and request a new one, it's usually that simple.

Good luck your your job hunt, hope you find what you're looking for soon. icon_thumright.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • AvidNetworkerAvidNetworker Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    While I did find RH to be unprofessional. Basically the recruiter told me to come in for an interview, and that he had 3 network engineer jobs for me, well I get there, and all he had was a $16/hr helpdesk job. Not saying there is anything wrong with that job, but that is just not where I am in my career.

Anyway, this guy said he would send all the job descriptions in an email, after calling him and emailing him several times, never heard a peep from him.

But to be fair, while I found other recruiters more communicative, I ended up finding something on my own. and never got one interview through a recruiter.
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah I also got a call from Robert Half from my job searching days a few months back...I went to the interview, told me what they basically do. I told him I was looking for something long term or a permanent position, looked to me from his expression on his face that I wouldve like a 6 mo. contract instead, I kept insisting I wanted a more stable position. Well after the first screening I never heard back from him or anyone else...infact I was supposed to go back (for more information...I believe I didnt bring my soc. security card or something like that) but they never called me back. I probably received a total of one email of a random position but that was it
    While I did find RH to be unprofessional. Basically the recruiter told me to come in for an interview, and that he had 3 network engineer jobs for me, well I get there, and all he had was a $16/hr helpdesk job. Not saying there is anything wrong with that job, but that is just not where I am in my career.

Anyway, this guy said he would send all the job descriptions in an email, after calling him and emailing him several times, never heard a peep from him.

But to be fair, while I found other recruiters more communicative, I ended up finding something on my own. and never got one interview through a recruiter.

There will be lots of frustration with recruitment agencies. A lot of agencies have problems themselves trying to get the business in, and they do get messed around by companies that say they will or might hire and do not. At the end of the day the jobs advertised are a crap shoot and many are bogus just to get CVs in. It's a dirty industry. Don't let it get you down.
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I was sitting in my boss' office earlier this morning when he received a phone call from Robert Half. He put it on speaker phone and the lady begins to explain that she has a Network Engineer with 10 years experience and all these certs.

He whispers to me that I should clean out my desk, because he is going to hire my replacement. Then she says his rate is $76.45/hr and he hung up on her. I said, so you still want me to pack my ****, because it sounds like he cost 3 times what you are paying me...

Why would one want to go through a recruiter? Doesn't the recruiter get like half of that advertised salary?

Austin @ Robert Half just called me a few minutes ago and told me that he saw my resume on Monster.com and would like to talk. I told him that I would have to call him back when I got off work.

I only posted my resume on Monster to see if I was marketable. Was wondering if I should even call the guy back.
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I was sitting in my boss' office earlier this morning when he received a phone call from Robert Half. He put it on speaker phone and the lady begins to explain that she has a Network Engineer with 10 years experience and all these certs.

He whispers to me that I should clean out my desk, because he is going to hire my replacement. Then she says his rate is $76.45/hr and he hung up on her. I said, so you still want me to pack my ****, because it sounds like he cost 3 times what you are paying me...

Why would one want to go through a recruiter? Doesn't the recruiter get like half of that advertised salary?

Austin @ Robert Half just called me a few minutes ago and told me that he saw my resume on Monster.com and would like to talk. I told him that I would have to call him back when I got off work.

I only posted my resume on Monster to see if I was marketable. Was wondering if I should even call the guy back.

Agencies pocket a large proportion of the rate that the worker is billed out at. It's a source of amusement to me that coworkers grumble about the 600 dollars per day some of our contractors are being paid. They are not being paid 600 dollars a day. The agency gets paid 600 dollars a day, they fill their boots and the contractor gets what is left. The same contractors get no holiday pay, no sick pay and no pension contributions. They can also be laid off with very little notice.