MCDST Expired dates March 31 or June 30th 2011?

dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am totally confused about the expiring dates for the MCDST Certification (70-271 and 70-272).

After reading further into this website (Pro: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support)

that its the Exam 70-621 (Pro: Upgrading your MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support) will expire on March 31, 2011. I believe its those who already have the MCDST certification and wants to Upgrade their MCDST Certification to MCITP Enterprise Support level certification.

According to the above website, I believe that MCDST exam is still on for June 30th 2011, well I am hoping its that date anyways. I did sent email to make sure that's correct, or that's false advertisement on Microsoft part.

This is the website that I visited which I believe I found it here on Techexams.net

Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Certification Exam Development

I hope I get an answer soon

Dan

Comments

• dan101dan101 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I already had a reply but my hotmail account ( with a red warning) states that this is a suspicious email?, maybe the email address that I copied from this forum is spam or something?

Original email:

"Hello DAn (Omit last name here)

This e-mail is being sent to let you know that we have received your inquiry and will be providing a response as quickly as possible. Our goal is to respond within 2 business days. We ask that you refrain from sending a follow up e-mail during this time frame so that we may address your original inquiry in a timely manner. We are working to resolve your issue and will inform you as soon as we have an update. If you have any additional unrelated questions please contact your Microsoft Learning Regional Service Center at:Microsoft Learning Support Thanks,Microsoft Learning and Certification Team"

I'll probably call them instead of email

dan
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    its definitely june 30th
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    June 30th is definitely the date!! icon_cool.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I scheduled mine for May 7th, so i would say it's def not March 31st
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
    I called Microsoft (Microsoft Learning: Microsoft Regional Service Centers ? Americas) and they told me that the MCDST Exam is still scheduled for June 30th 2011. and NOT March 31 2011.

Dan
    This is an email that I received by email on Monday or Tuesday? from Microsoft

" Hello Dan,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Certification Guidance Team.

Please be advised that, as per the recent update, the Microsoft exam (70-272) will retire on March 31, 2011. However, the candidates are being allowed a grace period till June 30, 2011.

Also be informed that the availability of test dates after March 31, 2011 cannot be guaranteed and will be entirely based on test site and seat availability.

You may visit the link Retiring Exams to review the list of exams, which are due to retire.

We hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us if any further assistance is needed

Thank you,

Marvin

Microsoft Certification Guidance Team

mscgt@microsoft.com "

Can anyone explain to me what are they talking about, and if the exam 70-272 is expired then why I should continue studying for this exam?
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    They are basically saying that if the test site can register you for the exam then you can still take it...IMHO you should skip it and start studying Windows 7.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • bigbadsadbigbadsad Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Forgive my ignorance but by expiring I assume it means it will no longer be available. If so what will be taking its place?
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bigbadsad wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance but by expiring I assume it means it will no longer be available. If so what will be taking its place?

I registered for the 271 about 2 weeks ago and took it Friday. As of July 1st, you will no longer be able to take this test.

What has replaced it was Windows 7. There are two certification paths which have been out for around a year.

The 70-680 and 70-686 will get you the title of Enterprise Desktop Administratior.

The 70-680 and 70-685 will get you the title of Enterprise Desktop Support Technician.

Or do all 3 and get them both.
    Decide what to be and go be it.