Misplaced questions on exams

BuungBuung Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

Ive just been doing some practice exams from the Transcender system for A+ Core Hardware 220-301 and i noticed a few questions in there that were clearly operating system questions and they shouldnt have been in there im pretty sure, heres a good example.......

On a windows 2003 computer, what switch can you place in the boot.ini file to enable safe mode during start up?

Now my question is, does anywone know if this kind of thing occur on the real exams or is it just something Transcender have screwed up on because i dont plan on reading the OS section of my book until ive passed the Hardware exam but if theres going to be random OS questions thrown in on the Hardware exam then id better just read the whole thing and take both exams at the same time.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• EMSIWUNEMSIWUN Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    All the test software wants you to do is to think outside the box...

They are just trying to get you ready for those questions that are going to be on the test that you won't expect...
  • BuungBuung Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im not so sure, the reference it provided for more information about the answer to the question was in the OS section of the book im using.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    It was probably a software error. If it was on the Core, and referenced the OS, then that's what I would think. However, you should be prepared for both types. I can't say it will happen to you, but I can't say it won't either
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Buung wrote:
    Now my question is, does anywone know if this kind of thing occur on the real exams or is it just something Transcender have screwed up on because i dont plan on reading the OS section of my book until ive passed the Hardware exam but if theres going to be random OS questions thrown in on the Hardware exam then id better just read the whole thing and take both exams at the same time.

Thanks for your help

Honestly, since I've never used Transcenders I couldn't tell you if it was a fluke or not.

Personally, I'd recommend you take both exams together. 1. It's how I did it, and it seemed logical to me. 2. When you work in the field, you will encounter BOTH issues and sometimes crossed issues.

So, because of the above 2 main reasons, I'll almost always recommend taking both exams the same day as well as studying for your exams together rather than looking at it as 2 separate things....just my thougths. :)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?