Options

Nexus Switches

shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
I'm in this class this week, and I'm surprised at how many features that cisco is purposely leaving off the box. None of the service modules (FWSM for example) are on the box. With that said these are very powerful switches and you can screw up and roll back configs. I just hate the fact that Cisco is not letting these switches live up to there full potential.
Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    weve got a pair of 7000's that replaced some 6509's, and I'm not terribly pleased with them. Whenever I hear the packet pushers guys grouse about all the features that cisco keeps promising but are lacking, they're preaching to my choir

Cisco's own damn fault for making the 6500 series the swiss army knife of switching
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I have nothing to really compare them too. I have only used 6500's as routers or switches in my career. I haven't done much of the data center networking with them to compare. Data Center seems to be pretty interesting. I'm taking the test for work for certification I may ask to be included on some of the projects we have coming up to come up with some of the design for these things.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related