Cisco Associate NCE Program

kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
Is anyone familiar with this program and how it works beyond what's posted.

Obviously this is in RTP, NC, and you would be sleeping, eating, and breathing Cisco for at least 8 months or more till your brain explodes.

I'm just wondering if this is a paid or non paid gig?

Position Detail - Graduate Careers - Careers - Cisco Systems

Comments

• steve13adsteve13ad Member Posts: 398 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would guess that it's paid. It's a great opportunity for a recent grad! That's a heck of a way to get your foot in the door with them.

Their campus is nothing short of beautiful.
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah it looked pretty cool. I would assume the program is something similiar to where people take their Series 7 exam through companies that sponsor them, then get a job after they pass.
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    I have no doubt that it's paid. You could probably check on glassdoor to see if anyone has done it.

All I can say is wow! You have to pass the CCIE written in the first 4 months, and then the lab in the next 4 months. Basically you have to get your CCIE in 8 months! Not saying it is impossible, but many folks would not make it. For someone with very little experience this would be extremely stressful. Cisco is serious!
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    if I was single I would apply for this in a heart beat
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Same here Panzer...If I had doing else better to do, I'd apply in a heartbeat. Yeah I would figure that they would be kicking a few people out along the way.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Wish I had a degree - I'd be applying!