Number of people with CEH Certification?

SniganooSniganoo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Are there any stats on the number of people who hold the CEH certification or any of the EC Council certs? Lotus used to have numbers of those who held their certifications. It gives an idea of whether or not every man and his dog has the cert or only a small select few.

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I'm not sure, you may contact EC-Council.

I don't think this certification is really that big yet. It seems to be slowly gaining ground, but there are still a lot of people that probably don't know what it is.

I'm just basing this on the information which is available online, as well as practice tests. Both of which are quite limited.
  • SniganooSniganoo Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see you have obtained the CEH qualification. Do you feel it will become widely recognised? Why did you decide to take the exam and get certified?
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I did it for the fun practice labs... icon_wink.gif You will actually learn quite a bit going for this cert. I think it is a good addition to other security certs..
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • umesh_345umesh_345 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have completed CEH.

Want to know what after CEH?

Which certification should i prefer?

Can anybody tell me......

Thanks,
    umesh
  • Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    this depends on what you are currently doing....and what you want to do....Have you thought about Cisco security stuff?

Kenny
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • QUIX0TICQUIX0TIC Member Posts: 277
    CEH= Certified Ethical Hacker
    "To realize one's destiny is a person's only obligation."
    I am thinking about the certification in wireless .....

Will it helps in my career? whats the current scope for it?

Other than this which certification will boost my career?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    umesh_345 wrote:
    Other than this which certification will boost my career?
    You need to look at the job postings for the geographical area were you want to work and see what kinds of certification, education, and experience employers are asking for. If there are a lot of jobs in your area for people with wireless experience, then the CWNA would most likely be good for your career.
    Thanks for the advices.

Regards
    umesh
  • ritamshomeritamshome Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey umesh+other mighty CEH. guys,

What books,websites did you follow,how much time did it take to be a CEH.? What background qualifications do you need to be a CEH.

signing out--ritamshome
  • mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    Ten9t6 wrote:
    I did it for the fun practice labs... icon_wink.gif You will actually learn quite a bit going for this cert. I think it is a good addition to other security certs..

I read some reviews of CEH course/textbook and thereviews talked about the material being outdated and poorly presented. What was your take?

Thanks in advance,

Mike Young
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't fully agree with that. They introduce you to tools like Nmap, Nessus, Sam spade and others. Nmap is never really outdated because it's primarily open source and always being updated. Get on Fyodors mailing list and you will get updates, patches and new modules all the time.

The techniques are very basic, but they're very solid in the fact that you can grow from them and possibly create or discover your own exploits. Kenny is right, the labs and 4 hour capture the flag exercises were a lot of fun, and I learned several things (specifically cross site scripting and sql injection techniques) that I only knew in theory before preparing for CEH.

Just my opinion.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    As an aside: Nessus version 3 will soon be released, but no longer under the GPL. This means that the source code for Nessus will no longer be available. This is a pity because version 3 is suppose to have some serious improvements, but Teneble's competitors are using the source to create competing commercial products, so it's in the best interest of Teneble's business to make the Nessus 3 release proprietary.

http://news.com.com/Nessus+security+tool+closes+its+source/2100-7344_3-5890093.html
  • determinedgermandeterminedgerman Member Posts: 168
    CEH Seems pretty expensive. At least the official study guide! Is it worth it? Tell me...

Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures v4.1 ( 2005 Release) $ 300.00
  • after CEH comes ECSA, or at least that is what eccouncil states. Once you have completed CEH and ECSA you can become an eccouncil LPT, which is apparently prestigious or something, it isn't popular at all right now, but I'm willing to bet that in a couple years its gonna be.
  • bridgerbridger Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    after CEH comes ECSA, or at least that is what eccouncil states. Once you have completed CEH and ECSA you can become an eccouncil LPT, which is apparently prestigious or something, it isn't popular at all right now, but I'm willing to bet that in a couple years its gonna be.

Why dont we go to archive.org to the wayback machine (as shown in CEH course) and look at EC-Council's site. ECSA / ECSP/ ECAD / LPT / etc have been announced more than a year ago.

The funniest part is that nobody else claims LPT is prestigious - nor is there an industry demand or recognition. LPT or Licensed Penetration Tester will make you poorer by 2800 USD approximately (http://www.securityuniversity.net/classes_Licensed_Penetration_Tester.php ) and grant you the license (to do what???). Please mail them and ask what the license stands for?

Quote from their site: The validity of the license for the penetration tester expires after 2 years. You can renew (license to do what??) by paying 250 USD.

Check this link http://www.eccouncil.org/cnda.htm and compare it with http://www.eccouncil.org/CEH.htm - Its the same thing. What is the value for existing CEH if they are going to certify some of the candidates as CNDA?
  • aleeyaaleeya Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I asked about the CDNA and the reply was:
    "The CNDA is meant for special US govt projects and not available to anyone else. "
    Aleeya
    Curiosity skilled this cat.

http://www.girlgeekette.net
  • coolbcoolb Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bridger wrote:
    The funniest part is that nobody else claims LPT is prestigious - nor is there an industry demand or recognition. LPT or Licensed Penetration Tester will make you poorer by 2800 USD approximately (http://www.securityuniversity.net/classes_Licensed_Penetration_Tester.php ) and grant you the license (to do what???). Please mail them and ask what the license stands for?

Quite funny, if you ask me. By what authority is the EC Council issuing this license? It seems like they are attempting to create a need for such a thing. Certainly gave the certification a poor name as it does not grant you ANY special permission to perform penitration testing. Are they suggesting that they can fine InfoSec professionals who perforn pen tests without their license? Really makes me laugh. They should mave made it a specialization for the CEH cert. JMO.