Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i have heard great things on his class
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    Thanks I just ordered this book. I plan on taking his Lab Boot Camp which includes that book next year.
  • Options
    kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    I received the book and so far it is filling the gap pretty good. With this book, IE work book 1 and CCIE written exam cert guide should be enough to pass the written and help me prepare for the advance lab work books. The foundation work book goes into explaining things more than the IE WB1 which explains some stuff but not all the stuff can you say inconsistent. Like for example there is a task in IE WB to configure a leak map for eigrp but doesnt explain what it is but in Narbik work book it does. I think the IE WB is better suited if you have their COD where as Narbik is stand alone. I highly recommend this work book as you are studying for your CCNP or want some prep material before you hit the advance lab work books.

5 pings out of 5
  • Options
    jtecsjtecs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm Reviving an old thread here, but for those that used this workbook. Which rack rental did you use? I was looking into purchasing it.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    built a rack but there are some out there that are pretty cheap I just don't do well with scheduling
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    jtecs wrote: »
    I'm Reviving an old thread here, but for those that used this workbook. Which rack rental did you use? I was looking into purchasing it.

Narbiks company has some racks I think at his website. He does it a little different though...month blocks at at time. He gives a pretty hefty discount if your a past student of his class. If you buy the book ask them for like a 4-hr trial to "test the waters", they would probably accommodate.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    Narbiks labs are priceless. The man is a Cisco Guru. GNS3 can be used to emulate 90% of his labs, and thats what makes his labs awesome. Most of them only incorporate 2-5 routers max. For switching, you really only need 2 3550's and 2 2950's, Maybe sub out one of the 3550's for a 3560 so you can do some of the more advanced QoS Stuff and IPv6 Stuff.

Hope this helps and good luck!
  • Options
    jtecsjtecs Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you for your responses. Being able to do most of the labs on GNS3 is awesome. I'm going to go ahead and get it.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    nice! you won't be upset. Narbiks labs will help give you alot of knowledge and is well worth the price :)