CISSP Taken 3/6 - Results on 3/16

LTXXLTXX Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got my results yesterday in just a short 10 day wait! I passed!

I finished the test in 2hrs and 40 minutes and was super worried when I left the room because I was the first one out. Looking back, the test wasn't too bad.

I attended at 35 hour prep class about a month before, and spent roughly 12 hours reviewing the notes taken during that class a couple days before the test. Shon Harris 5th edition is the text we used in the class and the only text I used to study. The instructor was great and provided tips relating to specific areas to focus on so that we didn't get bogged down in all the filler topics. In the class we only got through 8 of the 10 domains and I didn't give the other two any more than a quick glance before the exam.

Super happy w/ my results, although I'm still in the Associate status for a little while icon_sad.gif

If anyone has any questions just let me know!

-LT

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP exam! icon_cheers.gif

You were finished quite quickly. That prep class must have really helped.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on the pass! Can you share details on the prep class? Was it local or from a nation provider?
  • LTXXLTXX Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The prep class was taught by Educate and Certify. Claude Williams was our instructor. If you search the company and his name his LinkedIn profile is one of the first results.

The course was in-person, although I know the company offers online sessions as well.

-LT
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    is it true people that get their results quicker probably pass? lol horrible rumor i guess?
  • rwmidlrwmidl Member Posts: 807 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I don't think passing or failing has anything to do with how long it takes to get your results. At least I hope..
    CISSP | CISM | ACSS | ACIS | MCSA:2008 | MCITP:SA | MCSE:Security | MCSA:Security | Security + | MCTS
  • holysheetmanholysheetman Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I hate you for receiving your results in 10 days lol!
  • flippedmanflippedman Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Watching the prep video by Clement, he mentions focusing on the high level concepts rather than the details, would you say this is true?

Also, from browsing the forums, most people who have taken the test seem to think the most-focused on domains are:

Information Risk Management
    Access Control
    Security Architecture and Design
    Telecommunications and Network Security
    Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery

Is that your experience as well? It's hard to know what to focus on since the scope of the exam is large.

Thank You
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    flippedman wrote: »
    Watching the prep video by Clement, he mentions focusing on the high level concepts rather than the details, would you say this is true?

Also, from browsing the forums, most people who have taken the test seem to think the most-focused on domains are:

Information Risk Management
    Access Control
    Security Architecture and Design
    Telecommunications and Network Security
    Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery

Is that your experience as well? It's hard to know what to focus on since the scope of the exam is large.

Thank You

I would say to focus on all ten domains, then evaluate yourself based on experience, practice exams, etc to identify your weakest domains, then spend a little extra time in those domains. All ten domains are tested and from my recent experience, I did not feel any particular domain questions outweighed the others. They were all just random questions for me.

I have read that some questions related to certain domains are weighted differently, but I haven't seen any valid proof for that theory :).
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Member Posts: 0 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The user and all related content has been deleted.