April Fool's Day 2011

arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anybody got any pranks lined up for tomorrow? I got an early start today with the Annoy-a-tron from ThinkGeek. A friend of mine here realized it wasn't her computer beeping when it beeped while it was turned off. I'm fully expecting some sort of revenge tomorrow. My boss & HR have approved me changing the desktop wallpaper in group policy to a mirror image. We're curious to see if anyone is even going to notice it!
[size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
What's left: Graduation![/size]

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is lame but....

I was going to make a facebook account of a fake Russian woman. Then change my relationship status to married with "fake Russian woman". I was gonna do this starting last week to figure out who would notice.

I didn't do this because there's a girl I'm sort of attracted to and we're friends on facebook. I just realized (as I type this) that I could control what she see's but it's to late now, everyone will know it's an attempt at an April fools joke.

It would have been fun to see the type of messages I would have gotten though.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think I'll be too busy shoveling snow to do any good pranks. However, I am considering popping the deodorant out of my girlfriends deodorant stick and slopping some cream cheese in there. Did it a few time in the Navy and it's awesome.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Qord wrote: »
    I think I'll be too busy shoveling snow to do any good pranks. However, I am considering popping the deodorant out of my girlfriends deodorant stick and slopping some cream cheese in there. Did it a few time in the Navy and it's awesome.

That is awesome.

MS
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    Trying to figure something out for work in the morning. Only thing is, my boss doesn't have a since of humor what-so-ever. Any idea?
  • SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    yI was going to use an annoy a tron, but I totally lost track of time and never ordered one icon_sad.gif

I'll have to think of something.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • XantchaXantcha Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If I get the time to do individual pranks I usually take a screenshot of the desktop. I then move all their desktop items into a seperate folder and replace the desktop background with the screenshot.
  • Timber WolfTimber Wolf Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I never do any pranks however i do usually enjoy googles prank which is no different this year.

Gmail Motion FTW!
    WGU BS IT - Security
    Need to complete: CSV1 BOV1 RIT1 BNC1 KET1 TPV1 MGC1 CJV1 KFT1 CNV1 SBT1 RGT1
    Completed: CUV1 CTV1
    Transferred: CVV1 DJV1 IWT1 IWC1 BVC1 QLT1 DHV1 HHT1 GAC1 DFV1 INT1 INC1 CPV1 AXV1 QBT1 LUT1 LAE1 CLC1 BBC1 AGC1 WFV1 CQV1 COV1
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Unfortunately my company would never tolerate any worthwhile April Fool's joke. The last time someone pulled one worth retelling they were written up.
    I was sitting down with my fiancée last night, pondering what I could do today. It didn't hit me till this morning, after she had got me and made me late for work, that I was just giving her ammo.

I woke up this morning to an alarm clock going off in the living room. I open our bedroom door and walked into a wall of saran wrap covered in vaseline and itching powder. I believe I woke up the neighbors...

I then walked down the hall to the living room to turn off the alarm clock. I flip on the light, and to my surprise she had put toothpaste under every damn light switch in the house.

I headed to the kitchen sink to rinse off my hand, but upon turning on the water, I get covered in freezing cold water. Yes, that right, she pulled the whole rubber band on the sprayer trick. Jesus...

I then head to the bathroom to hop in the shower. I hop in the shower and begin my ritual. I grab my shampoo, squirt a liberal amount in my hand and apply to my hair. After a few seconds, I realize that this shampoo isn't sudzy. I hold my hand to my nose and smell, and yet again, to my surprise, I was attempting to wash my hair with mayonnaise. Not only that, but when I grabbed her shampoo to wash the mayo out of mine, she had applied saran wrap between the lid and the bottle.

I get through in the shower after 45 minutes, which should have took me 20ish. I step out of the shower wrap up in a towel and grab my toothpaste and toothbrush. I begin to brush my teeth, after a minute of brushing, I suddenly can't feel my teeth, gums, tongue...hell I can't feel anything in my mouth. She had added that numbing crap that people use for toothaches, to the top of the tooth paste tube.

So here I sit at work, face itching, hair greasy and mouth still kind of numb...

I need ideas people. She is an unemployed online student. Please help...
    Xantcha wrote: »
    If I get the time to do individual pranks I usually take a screenshot of the desktop. I then move all their desktop items into a seperate folder and replace the desktop background with the screenshot.

Classic.

I also spice it up a little by changing their mouse to left hand, dropping the sensitivity to nothing and then leaving their mouse in the upper right corner. Then you get to see them doing their entire arm to get it back. icon_cheers.gif
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    Monkerz wrote: »
    I was sitting down with my fiancée last night, pondering what I could do today. It didn't hit me till this morning, after she had got me and made me late for work, that I was just giving her ammo.

I woke up this morning to an alarm clock going off in the living room. I open our bedroom door and walked into a wall of saran wrap covered in vaseline and itching powder. I believe I woke up the neighbors...

I then walked down the hall to the living room to turn off the alarm clock. I flip on the light, and to my surprise she had put toothpaste under every damn light switch in the house.

I headed to the kitchen sink to rinse off my hand, but upon turning on the water, I get covered in freezing cold water. Yes, that right, she pulled the whole rubber band on the sprayer trick. Jesus...

I then head to the bathroom to hop in the shower. I hop in the shower and begin my ritual. I grab my shampoo, squirt a liberal amount in my hand and apply to my hair. After a few seconds, I realize that this shampoo isn't sudzy. I hold my hand to my nose and smell, and yet again, to my surprise, I was attempting to wash my hair with mayonnaise. Not only that, but when I grabbed her shampoo to wash the mayo out of mine, she had applied saran wrap between the lid and the bottle.

I get through in the shower after 45 minutes, which should have took me 20ish. I step out of the shower wrap up in a towel and grab my toothpaste and toothbrush. I begin to brush my teeth, after a minute of brushing, I suddenly can't feel my teeth, gums, tongue...hell I can't feel anything in my mouth. She had added that numbing crap that people use for toothaches, to the top of the tooth paste tube.

So here I sit at work, face itching, hair greasy and mouth still kind of numb...

OMFG that's great, not for you obviously.

Some idea's

if she has any black eye liner, you could melt shoe polish and put it in there

tie her shoes and put super glue on the knot and all the places the laces intersect

(if you can) unscrew the shower head and fill it with Koolaid

saran wrap her car

make some laxative brownies and leave them out for her (also works best if you coat the toilet seat in mayo)
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    You people are just mean, I love it. Thanks for the chuckles this morning.
  • pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was sitting down with my fiancée last night, pondering what I could do today. It didn't hit me till this morning, after she had got me and made me late for work, that I was just giving her ammo.........

Dude that was awesome, your fiancee is the bomb..... But sorry about that man better luck next time :)
    God deserves my best
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I came in to having a piece of tape under my mouse. I shook it to wake my computer up, nothing happened so I picked it up to check the light and saw the tape. My assailant was quite displeased by my nonchalantness of the situation.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I told my Wife that Obama got busted for cheating and it was on breaking news right now. It was right around 12am. I told her to stay in the bed and I would send the link. She darted out of bed and I kinda hid to the side so show she could see the "APRIL FOOLS" on my computer screen. I'm sure she got plans for me today.icon_thumright.gif
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • chmorinchmorin Member Posts: 1,446 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I changed a buddy of mine's line ASCII display on the phone to a couple of funny things. I am changing it throughout the day, he is getting a kick out of it.
    Currently Pursuing
    WGU (BS in IT Network Administration) - 52%| CCIE:Voice Written - 0% (0/200 Hours)
    mikej412 wrote:
    Cisco Networking isn't just a job, it's a Lifestyle.
  • arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've gotten a few people this morning with the Annoy-a-trons, and I've got one stashed in the elevator now. My boss realized he has an Eviltron at home, and he's going to stash that in a paranoid coworker's office and set it to the faint scratching sound. When he adjusts the blinds in his office, she starts looking around in her office thinking that there's a critter moving around. She's going to go nuts. I almost hate taking off half the day. icon_lol.gif
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Originally Posted by Monkerz viewpost.gif

WOW, that is just awesome.
    I didn't get to do as much as I had wanted b/c a lot of my coworkers are off on every other Friday. I have managed to get some though. I work in a restricted area and we have to badge in/out so since I am usually one of the first ones in early in the morning, I made signs to cover every other exit with "Please use other exit ->".
    Lame, I know, but it's all I had to work with on short notice. I did change a few keyboard keys on a few people, but they didnt come in today ,so they will get the treatment come Monday.
    I had also planned to sue the "Total Confusion Combo Pack" for Firefox (which is awesome, BTW), but, again, they never came in so I couldn't use it. Just in case you want, it's here:
    http://http://www.instructables.com/id/Firefox-Pranks/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss
    Since we are all admins here, I couldnt use the BSOD screensaver either icon_cry.gif
    I may have to save this thread for future use. Thanks for the tips all.

Breadfan
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

Well we just got back from lunch. I went to the Krispy Kreme and grabed some filled doughnuts. Purchased a turkey injector from Kroger and injected hot sauce into every doughnut.

Also added concentrated food coloring to the half pot of coffee sitting in the break room. A little something for those people who like to drink coffee all day long...
    I got one of the old guys. Took a keyboard that is exactly the same as his, re-arranged the keys and swapped them out. Also taped the sensor on his optical mouse and did the classic screenshot of his wallpaper + tiled it. After a minute I heard "Aww you ass!!", then he went looking for me.

Quick and simple.
  • Ryuksapple84Ryuksapple84 Member Posts: 183
    SteveLord wrote: »
    I got one of the old guys. Took a keyboard that is exactly the same as his, re-arranged the keys and swapped them out. Also taped the sensor on his optical mouse and did the classic screenshot of his wallpaper + tiled it. After a minute I heard "Aww you ass!!", then he went looking for me.

Quick and simple.

Awesome
    Eating humble pie.
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Been getting some of my users with the following:

psexec \\computername -i rundll32.exe user32.dll,SwapMouseButton
    psexec \\computername -i rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    crrussell3 wrote: »
    Been getting some of my users with the following:

psexec \\computername -i rundll32.exe user32.dll,SwapMouseButton
    psexec \\computername -i rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation

You are a genius. That is all there is to say.

+rep for you
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • thomas130thomas130 Member Posts: 184
    had go wrong with us someone decided to move my machine. and told we needed for management because there harddrive broke which was true. Anyone via this prank somebody got confused and dell ended replacing the wrong harddrive.

We now awaiting dell to come and give me my disk back with all my data on
  • PristonPriston Member Posts: 999 ■■■■□□□□□□

I noticed you didn't say ex-fiancée, you must really love her to put up with that...
    A.A.S. in Networking Technologies
    A+, Network+, CCNA
  • howiehandleshowiehandles Member Posts: 148

Marry this woman right now!!!
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Marry this woman right now!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like she has a good sense of humor.
    I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like she has a good sense of humor.

It really depends on her mood...

That being said, she is a great woman and thinks it is hilarious when she pranks me, but doesn't like to be pranked in return. We visit Nikki and John alot, gives us ideas.
  • phoeneousphoeneous Member Posts: 2,333 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I created a gpo that changed everyones wallpaper to a picture of me with a caption that read "Always keep your firewall on! XOXO". It was an artistic black and white photo so it looked like a celebrity portrait that was signed. The gpo prevented them from changing it :)