Failed 297 for 5th time. Gutted

kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Really thought I had it this time. Felt really good all through Exam.

Same score as last 632

Work arent going to pay for anymore exams and arent happy with me (I think my job security is under threat now)

Well thats that. Done

No MCSE for me....
IT Desktop Support Technician
Comptia Exams passed - A+
Microsoft Exams Passed - 270, 290, 291, 620, 293, 294
Qualifications - MCP, MCTS, MCSA
Working towards - MCSE
Currently Studying - 298

Comments

• Asif DaslAsif Dasl Member Posts: 2,116 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hard Luck. As far as I understand 70-297 is difficult due to NT4 migration questions being asked. How about taking 70-298? I hope job security is not on the cards, try to explain that it is a very hard exam when compared to 70-298 (at least that's my impression from reading previous posts).
  • kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So what do we recon. 298 attempt.

Any suggestions welcome. Bare in mind i havent done 299.

is 298 easier?
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • ITVinceITVince Member Posts: 143
    You'd think after the 3rd fail you'd have the entire test bank memorized...come on man icon_sad.gif I scroll down the forum and all it says is I failed 2nd time, I failed 3rd time I failed 4th time now I failed 5th time icon_sad.gif!! Are you using multiple resources to study? are you doing test labs? practice tests? It should give you a print out of your weak areas or you should know your weak areas...study those sections....
    Currently studying for:
    MCTS 70-642 Network Infrastructure
    Yes I study and use testout and CBT nuggets. I use transcender too. Before anyone gets on me about this, I could do anything in these 297 without blinking an eye lid. I just not much of a reader. I passed 6 other exams without much stress. I'm not a fan of the design exams.

It sounds like a flimsy excuse but its just not for me. I hate reading. I don't think its the only way to learn things.

Thats why im asking for advice as to whether to do 298 or not.

I am allready doubting myself and my profession as it is without loverly people such as yourselves making nice comments....

Cheers for making me feel that little bit better......
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
    ITVince wrote: »
    You'd think after the 3rd fail you'd have the entire test bank memorized...come on man icon_sad.gif I scroll down the forum and all it says is I failed 2nd time, I failed 3rd time I failed 4th time now I failed 5th time icon_sad.gif!! Are you using multiple resources to study? are you doing test labs? practice tests? It should give you a print out of your weak areas or you should know your weak areas...study those sections....

Yeah Those bars are very useful in working out your weak ares accept in design exams.

I worked really hard and studied hard.
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So what do we recon. 298 attempt.

Any suggestions welcome. Bare in mind i havent done 299.

is 298 easier?

Sorry to hear you didn't pass. You are pretty close. The material for the 298/299 is essentially the same. The 299 is a straightforward exam. The 298 is a design for security. If you choose to go the 298/299 route, get the MS press 299 book and a good book on PKI and you should be solid.

btw: these are difficult exams, so just ignore the comments from the other members.
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Sorry you didn't pass. If you feel you could pass it in another attempt, why not pay for it yourself and redeem yourself at work? Don't want to see you lose your job...
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    It's time you became a reader :)

Record yourself reading the book. One paragraph at a time.
    -Daniel
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Sorry you didn't pass!! icon_sad.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    At any rate OP maybe you should skip this one and go to 298. It might help to just get off that set of material so you can focus on something else. Maybe switch to 2008? Maybe something else. Good luck man! Keep the faith and don't let the assholes get to you.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    i know i wouldnt do any better.
    Sucks to hear your employers feel that way. Maybe attend some legit bootcamp or local study group? TRY MAN TRY! we have your back!
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I found 298 fairly straight forward. Reading isn't such an issue as it's a case of searching through the scenarios and finding the answers. I didn't even study for it as it's all review. If you can pass 293 and 294, then you can easily pass 298.

Don't sit 297 again until you make a major change in your approach.
  • SneakDoggSneakDogg Banned Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read another post that said someone had done really well with MCSE exams using labsims. Maybe it's worth the investment.
    Thanks for all your support. I'm going to have a meeting at work today to discuss. I'm hoping that they will let me have a couple of goes at 298 (2nd shot) and hopefully I can nip this in the bud.
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
    Ok so there going to let me try 298 - No more than 2 times though, so the pressure is on.

Anyone got any advice on 298.

I havent done 299, but have a pretty good understanding of most of topics (not PKI lol)

Does anyone recon that 298 will be harder than 297 or same?

Kamikaze_worm
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • BudzyBudzy Member Posts: 117
    Sorry to hear this mate. Trying to study myself for 297, know it’s going to be a step up from all the other MS exams I've taken, makes me respect other who have completed the track.
  • captaingeekcaptaingeek Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    keep trying you'll get it!