failed Boson ICND1

VinUnleadedVinUnleaded Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Blah I failed it at 75% and I think I actually went over the 90 minutes mark
I'm scheduled to take the exam on 4/9/2011, shoudl I be worried?

Comments

• tomaifauchaitomaifauchai Member Posts: 301 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes

I usually don't answer the questions i don't know and instead i note it and study back and retake all the exams and i repeat this process until i get >95%
  • okplayaokplaya Member Posts: 199
    Which one are you speaking of? The Ex-Sim Max or the bundled exam with the ICND1 OCG text?
  • capitanuionutcapitanuionut Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Blah I failed it at 75% and I think I actually went over the 90 minutes mark
    I'm scheduled to take the exam on 4/9/2011, shoudl I be worried?
    i haven't took any exam yet, and i don't have access to boson exsim but i think you should not worry...just review the parts where you were wrong and all should be fine...
  • VinUnleadedVinUnleaded Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    okplaya wrote: »
    Which one are you speaking of? The Ex-Sim Max or the bundled exam with the ICND1 OCG text?

The Ex-Sim Max

I just realized I completely forgot about NAT and configuring DCHP server. I probably need to review the IP address problems section on Todd Lammle's book also. A lot of people on here have been saying Boson's exam is harder than the actual exam
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    im doing terrible right now in the boson ICND1 exam that was bundled with the cicso press book. those "choose all that apply" questions are aweful.
    brad- wrote: »
    im doing terrible right now in the boson ICND1 exam that was bundled with the cicso press book. those "choose all that apply" questions are aweful.

YES I HATE THOSE!

Do we get partial credit for the answers we got right?

Check Mr Odom's official statement on the bundled exam.

Here
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    YES I HATE THOSE!

Do we get partial credit for the answers we got right?

That's not the point, it means you just don't the subject well enough. Your comments here indicate that you're hoping to bluff your way through the exam. Defer your test for at least another 2x weeks, learn and lab everything until you can answer all the practise questions with confidence.
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    That's not the point, it means you just don't the subject well enough. Your comments here indicate that you're hoping to bluff your way through the exam. Defer your test for at least another 2x weeks, learn and lab everything until you can answer all the practise questions with confidence.

well the question was even if I continue to practice (which I am), how are questions like that graded? Does anyone know?
    Check the link I posted. Wendell's comment is about the 3rd or 4th. Here is a snippet below...

"It might be helpful to consider one important design point with the questions with the book: the questions are designed to review the topics, not as a way to self-assess whether you are ready to take the exam. For example, I might write a question with the specific purpose of reviewing 2 or 3 key points that can be made in a particular scenario, with the idea that if you get some answers right, but miss one, you realize it, and can then go back and read up on what you forgot or misunderstood. That might mean that the scoring for a practice test lists the question as wrong, even though you got 1 of 2 right answers, or 2 of 3 right answers, so the scoring counted it as incorrect."
    okplaya wrote: »
    Check the link I posted. Wendell's comment is about the 3rd or 4th. Here is a snippet below...

"It might be helpful to consider one important design point with the questions with the book: the questions are designed to review the topics, not as a way to self-assess whether you are ready to take the exam. For example, I might write a question with the specific purpose of reviewing 2 or 3 key points that can be made in a particular scenario, with the idea that if you get some answers right, but miss one, you realize it, and can then go back and read up on what you forgot or misunderstood. That might mean that the scoring for a practice test lists the question as wrong, even though you got 1 of 2 right answers, or 2 of 3 right answers, so the scoring counted it as incorrect."

Oh ok thanks. I didnt know that link was directed at my question
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dont solve boson practise test

it will demoralized you

as same happen to me 1 week before exams .very bad position than you

real exams are very easy than those in boson

so just try solving book questions and pracrtise subnetting and
    revise all material
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep in mind that the more you do the same exam over and over, that it becomes less and less valuable as a study resource.
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    todd lammle as second source is good rather than solving those crap boson questions
    it consists lot questions which are par with real exam
    schmalz2 wrote: »
    YAY!! My first time posting. Breaking out of the shell.

I failed the ccent exam on 3/22. I was really bummed out for a few days. The study materials I used for my first attempt were CBT Nuggets and the Wendell Odom ICND1 book. A week before the exam I started going over the Boson ICND1 practice exam and it completely broke my confidence with my knowledge of the material for the exam. I stressed myself out causing me to second guess everything.

After I failed I rewatched some of the CBT videos for the categories I didn't do so well in and picked up Todd Lammle's book. Lammle's book is really helping me bring back my confidence. My opinion is if you're going to use the Boson practice exam you should ignore your total score and just make sure you understand the questions and go over the topics of the questions you got wrong. I retake the exam on April 5th.
  • MsafiriMsafiri Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□

In the CBT Nuggets tutorials he says those questions have been removed from Cisco exams, now its only select 3 etc.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Msafiri wrote: »
    In the CBT Nuggets tutorials he says those questions have been removed from Cisco exams, now its only select 3 etc.

Wendell Odom has said the same on his blog.

And in my experience with Cisco questions, both with the quizzes and exams in the Academy, and with the actual CCNA exam, the questions have always been very clear in what they want.