299 down, scared me for 298

DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
At one point over your certification lifetime you will pass an exam by the skin of your teeth. Today was my day. I got a 700 on the 299. Wow is all I have to say. I don't even know where to start with it. Go over every policy in your security template and know IPSec. They throw in some AD trust and WSUS questions for good measure too.

Wow again. Glad I am done with that one. Just getting by has me worried about the 298 now. Supposedly it is the same material but in a different format. Well I have my second shot so let's get it done folks.

Oh, and I used M$ Press & CBTNuggets as always.
The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age

Comments

• willhi1979willhi1979 Member Posts: 191
    DragonNOA1 wrote: »
    At one point over your certification lifetime you will pass an exam by the skin of your teeth. Today was my day. I got a 700 on the 299. Wow is all I have to say. I don't even know where to start with it. Go over every policy in your security template and know IPSec. They throw in some AD trust and WSUS questions for good measure too.

Wow again. Glad I am done with that one. Just getting by has me worried about the 298 now. Supposedly it is the same material but in a different format. Well I have my second shot so let's get it done folks.

Oh, and I used M$ Press & CBTNuggets as always.

Congrats! I'm retaking it next week so hopefully I'll be good. I thought the 298 was easier than the 299. Just make sure you have time and don't rush.
  • DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    haha congratulations
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    great news! Good luck on 298.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    snadam wrote: »
    great news! Good luck on 298.

You too slacker ;)

Congrats to the OP icon_thumright.gif
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! The 298 covers just about the same material, it's the test format that is different. It is a series of mini-tests that are timed. Read the questions first, then work your way up the information given.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! The 298 covers just about the same material, it's the test format that is different. It is a series of mini-tests that are timed. Read the questions first, then work your way up the information given.

The 298 was the easiest exam I took in the MCSE track. The reason being the answers - all of the answers - are there in the question for you to find. If you know the technology then the 298 comes down to nothing more than a reading comprehension test. Take your time, read and make sure you understand.
  • kamikaze_wormkamikaze_worm Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »

When you say work your way up. What do you mean? I did 297 (Simular exam format) and started reading the questions then skimmed the case study. Is it worth reading the case study backwards?

Kamikaze_worm
    IT Desktop Support Technician
    Comptia Exams passed - A+
    Microsoft Exams Passed - 270, 290, 291, 620, 293, 294
    Qualifications - MCP, MCTS, MCSA
    Working towards - MCSE
    Currently Studying - 298
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass and good luck on next exam!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63