JNCIP-SEC Preparation Group

junipengjunipeng Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I am preparing for JNCIP SECURITY exam in the end of 2010.
please confirm, If any one interested to join me for this preparation.

I am interested to make a group of engineers for this preparation.

Regards
"You got a dream,you gotta protect it."

Comments

• hasan1507hasan1507 Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Has JNCIP SECURITY been launched ?
    I would like to join.
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • ccqccq Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Please include me.

Cesar
  • szkchaklszkchakl Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,
    i am also interested to join this group and prepare for JNCIP-SEC exam.
    the exam will be available from april 15th.

Regards,
    Kinshuk
  • ibaniban Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi all,

I am also preparing this exam and the JNCIE-SEC at the same time.
    I would like to join to this group if it's possible.

Thank you

Best regards

Iban
  • srx210srx210 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im preparing the JNCIE-SEC exam. anyone interested abt the exam,plz join me ,thanks.
    Hey Guys,

SRX210, iban, ccq, Junipeng are you guys still into preparing for JNCIE-SEC?

Please reply i am planning to take exam by the end of 2011.

Thanks
    Hasan
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
    seems no body is checking this post anymore :)
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Hasan,

What resources are mainly utilizing to prepare for the JNCIE-SEC? I have heard the JUNOS Security book is very good.

Ryan
    yeah I have 2 SRX210 and going to setup lab I have JNCIS-SEC Study Guide and JUNOS Security Book. I am studying JNCIS-SEC and then will study and try to practice all the setups in JUNOS Security book.

Regards,
    Hasan
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
    Also just saw there is new study guide 2 in fasttrack resources of JNCIS-SEC. it is for JUTM. check it out it seems quite good.

Thanks.
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
  • nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    this is actually of great interest to me now. i'm about to knock out the JNCIA-JUNOS exam and i'm being put through juniper training that lines up really well for this exam.
    WIP: IPS exam
  • wasatchbillwasatchbill Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all-
    I am interested in the concept of a study group. I am studying for JNCIS-ENT (about done, although its taken me way longer than planned), then want to do JNCIS-SEC, then JNCIS-SP. If I get a job where one of the above is more relevant, then I'll go for that IP/IE.
    Any ideas on the structure of a study group, given that we are probably geographically remote? Chat sessions, conf calls I suppose could be used. Conf call with a Secure Meeting (WebEx) comes to mind. Could write practice test questions/quizzes for each other; especially since there is not much for quality Juniper practice tests (other than the 30 question practice tests on juniper.net, which are too short; and I think they are easier than the real tests).

Boson and Transcender do not have Juniper practice tests. I am not interested in any of the "cheater" tests; I want to learn the material, and practice tests have been a valid and helpful tool for the Cisco certs I used to study for.
    Studying on my own it seems too easy to get distracted, especially before really getting started with a study session (like right now!). Once I get going, I can keep going for an hour or two at a time.
    Any study techniques or tips, from you IEs?
    Thanks-
    Bill
    Hi Bill,

Good to know you are there. I was busy with my job and relocation thats why I could not answer you. Well I have 2 SRX210 and 1 SRX100 and setup a LAB more-over studying JNCIS-SEC Study Guide part 1 and part 2 and JUNOS Security book. will take JNCIP-SEC in a month or so.

Thanks.
    Hasan
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf
    I am moving toward JNCIE-SEC anybody there ?
    Thanks & Regards,

Hasan Rauf